white wheels??

silvester

this must have been discussed many times, sorry ....... but iam washing my wheels every other day! is this normal or am i insane.. :oops:

silvester

i can feel them carboning up as it sits in the garage, i am finding my self sneaking off with the washing up bowl and a sponge every evening

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Ha ha! Try some carnauba wax after cleaning them mate.

This will mean you can power hose off the brake dust as it doesn't have a chance to bond to the laquer of your wheels.

:idea:

Raffe

Advanced Member
Its because of the Ferrodo DS2500's Steve, very dusty pad sadly but do the business, I just accepted that a mid week clean was required, my neighbours thought I was mad :lol:

Hope4sun

conoroneill said:
Ha ha! Try some carnauba wax after cleaning them mate.

This will mean you can power hose off the brake dust as it doesn't have a chance to bond to the laquer of your wheels.

:idea:
Yup have to say a good coat of carnauba wax helps no end, i'm pretty anal when it comes to car cleaning (i try not to use any chemicals, 3 different colourd buckets and seperate sponges, etc, etc), Remove wheels, then a good wash with warm soapy water, sponge and soft brush, then dry and wax, then wax again after its cured.

Use lemon juice to shift the bad stains and road tar, oh and don't ever use the bucket, sponge or brush anywhere near the paint work! Brake dust it one of the biggest casue of swirl marks :shock: (sorry not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs or anything, but i see people clean there car all over with the same sponge, sends shivers down my spine, i have a serparate wax tub and applicator and microfibre for the wheels too :roll: )

Andy

Martctr

Advanced Member
When my mate popped round at the weekend to show off his new DC5 I noticed the then wheels were disgusting. Gleaming white car with dirty wheels lol. I've decided If I get a white one the first thing on the list of bits to change is the wheels.

Has anyone on here had the white wheels done a different colour? I think gunmetal would look nice on white.

stuuy

Martctr said:
When my mate popped round at the weekend to show off his new DC5 I noticed the then wheels were disgusting. Gleaming white car with dirty wheels lol. I've decided If I get a white one the first thing on the list of bits to change is the wheels.

Has anyone on here had the white wheels done a different colour? I think gunmetal would look nice on white.
ive done the opposite . Got white wheels on a blue dc5 looks ace apart from having to clean them more often than the car.

locky

some kind of wheel wax will be what you need

chemical guys and poorboys do them

a couple of coats of that now and again will help