Who da man?

JT

Fellas,
If I were to make a trip to the UK to take lessons in racing and car control etc, where should I go and who should I look for? How much am I looking at?

Thanks

SimonM

Without wishing to step on anybodies toes my site is www.simonmason.com :oops:

I have been honoured to heavily influence Franz and Andre's driving and Mark has just recently had a full coaching session so they are testiment to how I teach (there usualy amoungst the quickest boys on any track day). I have sat with Simon but not long enough to play a technique forming part.

For the record Silverstone Race school give me a discount which I am happy to offer to anyone one who own's a DC5.

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Man I tried Don Palmer and the bugger never bothered to return my emails.. but I tell you what i am glad that he didnt overwise I would of never used simon. Simon is the best instuctor around and i mean that , i have learnt a lot from him and feel so much more happier and confident in my car. he tells it how it is *which is what i like, ie if your doing shit he tells you and if your doing good ... well he pats you on the back... he isnt about just getting your money , he cares if you are doing well, afteral you will be one of his boys if you are good enough :wink: So contact simon and get started on a lesson you will never forget ...

Mark

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Simon how much do you charge? ie at an event? Full day, email or PM me if you prefer.

It really depends what you are looking for, Don's tutition is mainly about the dynamics of driving and the driver, focusing on creative car control, very informative, very relaxed, and is done in your own car at Bruntingthorpe. Some peeps really rate him, some don't, he is very black and white.

Andrew Walsh www.1stlotus.com IIRC charges £140, based at North Weald is an excellent instructor, ex Benneton F1 Test Driver.

With all due respect to the tutition I have had on track which was fantastic from various instructors, it only really helped me develop my skills with regards to turning in, braking, car position, track etiquette, racing line.

It didnt teach me, how to trail brake, left foot braking, slip angles, heel and toe, oversteer, understeer, tyre pressures, car set up, all very important to know and understand, I wouldnt recommend learning this on track, best left to an open airfield IMHO

If you understand what your car is doing it and why, then the speed will flow naturally.

2 types of coaching available, what you looking for?