Who is your DC5 insured with in Ireland?

Bryn

Hey guys, just wondering who you all have your DC5's insured with?

When I put my DC2 up for sale I got a quote of about €100 to change my policy to a 2003 DC5 worth €10k, that was with about 10 months left on my policy. I was onto the insurance company yesterday and now to change to a 2002 DC5 worth €7k for the remaining 6 months of my policy and they want almost €600!

For nearly half the coverage time, the quote has been multiplied by 6. I was expecting it to go up a bit, but not by this much. Bare in mind that my insurance was about €1.5k anyway and the fact that it was an Irish Teg helped matters, otherwise it would have been even more.

Now I don't know what to do. If I cancel my policy I will lose the 6 months no claims for this year so far. And even though i'm 27 and have a full clean licence for 4.5 years, I only have 1 years no claims bonus in my own name, and then 3 years named driving experience, so the chances of getting a decent quote on a DC5 are fairly slim.

Who are your DC5's insured with? Going to chance my arm and try a few companies and see what quotes I can get, if any! I just don't know what to do now. It's left me in a really awkward position. If I knew this was going to happen, I would have kept my DC2!

S

stwteg

Im with Aviva through a broker, I was with them direct before I moved to New Zealand but when I came back they wouldnt quote me direct :xrealangry: (well they would but the quote was a joke :blink:

Im paying 600 fully comp with them now, Im also 27 have my full licence 9 years and was named driver for 4 yrs and own policy for 6yrs (no claims).

Have had my previous 2 civics with them also. I HATE insurance companies :angry:

Jemmy

Advanced Member
Same here, Aviva with a broker. Going direct they said they couldn't qoute me then the broker came back with 739e from them! :rolleyes:

Jemmy

Advanced Member
I got mine with www.traversinsurances.ie they are based in Arklow.
Try Aaron Insurance tho one of the girls in work said they can be good or there is www.firstireland.ie

S

stwteg

Im with Aviva through O 'Malley Griffin based in Limerick. My 600 covers me for break down cover too. Not a bad price I suppose seems as 3yrs ago when I first insured it I was paying 1100 third party with them! Thievin ejits!

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
I'm also with Aviva through a brokers called Arachas Insurance i found this company very good to deal with

I'm 28 with full license the past 7 years no points convictions and a full no claims bonus

Paying €1100 this year fully comp, breakdown,windscreen cover etc

My policy is up near the end of July, i hate this time of the year :xrealangry:

teggy_dc5

Advanced Member
quinn €1200 fully comp breakdown,windscreen cover etc. im 25 full licence 5yr no claims! have the dc5 4yrs now seems to be a bitch to get insured on the dc5 here!!

Bryn

Big result today, just got a call back from my insurance broker......there was a system error according to the girl on the phone, the error caused because I have my policy suspended due to my leg being in cast. The new corrected price....down from the guts of €600 to €50 \:D/ So the hunt for a DC5 is back on \:D/

Jemmy, I rang Travers today and they got me a very good quote, so will be ringing them when renewal comes around!

simon-

Bryn, You probably know me. Well to see anyways. (Im Jb's other half) I Remember your old dc2 sweet example it was.

Anyways to the point. I've been With Quinn for the last four years with the dc5. it started at 800 odd euro and went to 1320 last year. comp (no accidents, points convictions...etc)
last week the renewal came through and i was quoted 1180. Im 33 and full license for over 10 years.
They really pull their figures out of their ass.......Time to look around...........

Bryn

Bryn, You probably know me. Well to see anyways. (Im Jb's other half) I Remember your old dc2 sweet example it was.

Anyways to the point. I've been With Quinn for the last four years with the dc5. it started at 800 odd euro and went to 1320 last year. comp (no accidents, points convictions...etc)
last week the renewal came through and i was quoted 1180. Im 33 and full license for over 10 years.
They really pull their figures out of their ass.......Time to look around...........
Ah Simon, how are you keeping? And Jb? Long time no see!

On Jemmy's suggestion above, I tried www.traversinsurances.ie. I'm 27, full licence for 4 years, no points or claims, but only 1 years no claims in my own name, and 3 years named driving experience. I got a quote for myself and the girlfriend (to help me get a better quote, she will never drive it!!), she is 27 with a full licence for 10 years and full no claims bonus and the quote was on a 2003 DC5 worth €8k and it came back as €1120 fully comp, so they are definitely worth a call

simon-

Ah Simon, how are you keeping? And Jb? Long time no see!

On Jemmy's suggestion above, I tried www.traversinsurances.ie. I'm 27, full licence for 4 years, no points or claims, but only 1 years no claims in my own name, and 3 years named driving experience. I got a quote for myself and the girlfriend (to help me get a better quote, she will never drive it!!), she is 27 with a full licence for 10 years and full no claims bonus and the quote was on a 2003 DC5 worth €8k and it came back as €1120 fully comp, so they are definitely worth a call
Ah were hanging in thanks :) Yep will definitely be ringing around this year.(Were down to one Honda car but she will always crave another :) ) haha Last few times I didn't think I really had an option with Quinn ruling the roost

shaneek9

Ah were hanging in thanks :) Yep will definitely be ringing around this year.(Were down to one Honda car but she will always crave another :) ) haha Last few times I didn't think I really had an option with Quinn ruling the roost
with quinn direct

jay82

Advanced Member
i'm with travellers true a broker for 890euro, 28 and 10years no claims.
but have another car on that third party

barryon

Advanced Member
It is infuriating when you call a broker and they nearly scold you for having a Type R. I just called O 'Malley Griffin and your one on the phone said they don't quote them. When i said to her that i thought that was a bit ridiculous as i am coming from a 2.5 V6 she just sort of snorted . "It's a Type R." as if she had a clue about cars. I wasn't trying to insure a funny car or something. Infuriating. :xrealangry: Looks like i am stuck with my 1250 a year. I am 25 with 6 years no claims and 2 penalty points. Crazy.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
It is infuriating when you call a broker and they nearly scold you for having a Type R. I just called O 'Malley Griffin and your one on the phone said they don't quote them. When i said to her that i thought that was a bit ridiculous as i am coming from a 2.5 V6 she just sort of snorted . "It's a Type R." as if she had a clue about cars. I wasn't trying to insure a funny car or something. Infuriating. :xrealangry: Looks like i am stuck with my 1250 a year. I am 25 with 6 years no claims and 2 penalty points. Crazy.
Whats so bad about 1250? You know someone with a better quote?

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
In my opinion thats a good price your payin mate

Im 28 full no claims and full clean licence and only this year did i see a drop in insurance

Im with a Brokers called Arachas and got mine for €750 this year fully comp

You should give them a try they are a helpfull bunch :green:

barryon

Advanced Member
Not on an Integra but i was paying 800 fully comp on my Alfa which IMO should be a way higher premium.

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Not on an Integra but i was paying 800 fully comp on my Alfa which IMO should be a way higher premium.
No way mate the minute you mention type r hondas to any insurance company its gonna be a dearer quote than a alfa

Higher risk for them to insure the dc5 as its more likely to be robbed, crashed, etc.