who is your insurer?

aji621

Advanced Member
i've done a search and cant find the thread i want for this.

I am 21 in exactly 1 week, i am wondering which insurers you lot are with, who you find good, i don't necessarily want the CHEAPEST insurance, i want the best cover incase of an accident.

So can anyone please let me know good and bad experiences you have had as the company i have been with for the last 4 years (4 years no claims) may not insure me on this due to my age / car (which im finding with a few companies.

Thank you for any responses you give.

Aly

Advanced Member
tbh ull be lucky to get insured, maybe focus on that instead of level of service.

Im with bell, 22 years old 3 yr ncb for 1.1k with mods declared.

thomsojf

Advanced Member
I'm 23 4years no claims and it's only £650. Don't ask me how but I'm happy. Oh and I'm with Adrian flux.

I agree though, will be tough to get insured. Every other quote I was getting was over £1000

larz

Advanced Member
25 (was 24 when policy started) and i'm €1400 fully comp with Quinn Direct

darrenk

I'm 23 with sky insurance and I pay 700 a year fully comp with 6 years no claims bonus and with 6 points and i can drive other cars with owners permission. I recently had to get insurance and it was between a plan and sky for me.

Type_R6

Advanced Member
24 with 6 years ncb, mods declared just renewed at £950 with adrian flux.

Have a look in the insurance section mate ;)

aji621

Advanced Member
Thanks so far guys,

To be honest id rather not have an integra if the only insurance company that will touch me have a terrible rep.

Didnt see the insurance section so will check that now.

Thanks

paul 16v

Advanced Member
Future said:
direct line all the way for me. 26 year old 8 years ncb and 550 quid, happy days!!

aye mines with with directline 481 for a 28 year old with 7years ncb! the joys of living in the lakedistrict,having a garage and living next door to work!!

Aly

Advanced Member
What do you class as good service?

You pay money, you get cover + legal cover = legally drive an amazing car.

What else do you want?

Jalapeno

Not bought my ITR yet but just got a quote with Sky for £580.

28 with 5 years no claims. Also in an A rated postcode.

Emma

Advanced Member
paul 16v said:
Future said:
direct line all the way for me. 26 year old 8 years ncb and 550 quid, happy days!!

aye mines with with directline 481 for a 28 year old with 7years ncb! the joys of living in the lakedistrict,having a garage and living next door to work!!
l had to move from Directline after 9 years with VTI's and a DC2 because they wanted an extra £300 (because import) taking my policy to above £900. This was before l had declared £6000 of mods so went with Livingstone Warman (broker)for £600 and they would also do a garanteed value too :D .

This is via NIG insurance and as the other half hit diesel on Friday 13th :cry: , his 200sx had £9000 of damage but NIG paid out £7500. Assessor inspected within 1 working day, agreed a figure and we had a chequed within a week.........can't get better service than that!

Living in a city is expensive even with off road parking hence some of the guys quotes are lower, may be less expensive if you live in a good area.

khizwork

im 23 , 6 yrs NCB, no points and with no performance car experience prior to this. TW5 area, im paying £990 with A plan

aji621

Advanced Member
Emma said:
paul 16v said:
Future said:
This is via NIG insurance and as the other half hit diesel on Friday 13th :cry: , his 200sx had £9000 of damage but NIG paid out £7500. Assessor inspected within 1 working day, agreed a figure and we had a chequed within a week.........can't get better service than that!

Living in a city is expensive even with off road parking hence some of the guys quotes are lower, may be less expensive if you live in a good area.
This is good service!!

My old car i hit a deer with i got exactly the same treatment apart from i had a cheque after 4 days!!

This is what im scared of moving to someone with a lesser rep, not getting paid what its worth & Not getting paid for ages!

Thanks for all the responces.

Andy.

Advanced Member
I was also of the opinion to not go for the cheapest, but the policy/company i was most happy with.

I'm with Admiral and have pretty much everything but the kitchen sink included for £690, 27 years old, 7 years NCB.

kyledc5

i got insurance with keith michaels,£550 fully comp,with the wife also,try them its only a phone call,0845 337 3380. good luck.

gibby85

Advanced Member
Admiral it is for me. 25 years old with 7 years no claims. Only paying £600. I have car recovery and protected no claims if i have an accident. Also works out cheaper as i have a multicar policy. ;)