Whos had their rack out? Part recommendations please

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Any advice welcome

I'm having the steering rack out to swap over the slider with a tidy bit of kit from SHG (mike.williams on here sorted this out for me).

While the racks out is there anything worth replacing as I'm paying for a couple of hours to do this.

cheers.

Fez

Advanced Member
If you have coilovers (or plan on getting some) probably worth getting shortened steering arms, to get desired camber/caster/toe come alignment time, replace track rod ends same time.
Fresh PAS fluid too, should make a nice difference.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
DC5RLY said:
Any advice welcome

I'm having the steering rack out to swap over the slider with a tidy bit of kit from SHG (mike.williams on here sorted this out for me).

While the racks out is there anything worth replacing as I'm paying for a couple of hours to do this.

cheers.
You don‘t need to take the rack out to be honest, I replaced mine on my driveway and had it all done in a couple of hours.

I was lucky in that I had a short 29mm open end spanner to remove the track rods mind, without that I think I may have been a struggle....

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Rack didn't come out in the end and the slider was replaced along with some hardrace steering arms.

Took around an 1.5 to 2 hours

Well worth the time taken xthumbup