Who's running 17x9 all round?

ktm108

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
As said, 7.5 / 8 j with an et around 45 will fit lovely. Cheaper on tyres too ;)

Mine on 7.5j et 45. For an idea
Nice mate, that is one of the sizes that flat black rota grids are available in :) tho with a smaller 7.5 compared to 8.5 and up you don't get a aggressive concave face.

When it comes to adjusting camber to get wheels to fit do I have to get myself a set of adjustable camber arms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
ktm108 said:
When it comes to adjusting camber to get wheels to fit do I have to get myself a set of adjustable camber arms?

You've already got front n rear adjustable arms mate, ebach's on the front and Skunk2's on the rears ;)
Good old Tom @ TGM fitted them.

T.G.

ktm108

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
You've already got front n rear adjustable arms mate, ebach's on the front and Skunk2's on the rears ;)
Good old Tom @ TGM fitted them.

T.G.
Ah rele mate!!? That's good to know, I didn't look yet! Thanks mate :) I'm gonna book it in up there soon just for a service and a once over :) loving it mate!

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Just to revive an old thread.

I am looking to go down the 17x9 route as my car has become a weekend toy/occasional track car.

What wheels have people been running for their 17x9 set up? I've got a budget of around a grand for wheels. I want to try and avoid cheaper wheels like Rotas if I can. The Enkei set up has been done a few times too so want to avoid this too.

Anyone fancy selling me some Bronze CE28n 17x9's with an at of around 45? :xgrin:

spooke

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Just to revive an old thread.

I am looking to go down the 17x9 route as my car has become a weekend toy/occasional track car.

What wheels have people been running for their 17x9 set up? I've got a budget of around a grand for wheels. I want to try and avoid cheaper wheels like Rotas if I can. The Enkei set up has been done a few times too so want to avoid this too.

Anyone fancy selling me some Bronze CE28n 17x9's with an at of around 45? :xgrin:
I'd advise against 9J all round, go for 8/9J front and 7/8J rear. Perfect set of rear wheels here :)

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/44782-2x-work-cr-kia-wheels-17-7j-et42-solidfab-backbox-oem-exhaust-system/

Reggie91

Advanced Member
spooke said:
I'd advise against 9J all round, go for 8/9J front and 7/8J rear. Perfect set of rear wheels here :)

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/44782-2x-work-cr-kia-wheels-17-7j-et42-solidfab-backbox-oem-exhaust-system/
I just really like the look of the square stance and I'm sure ill notice the added grip? I would settle for 9's on the front and 8's on the back.

I really want a set of bronze rays, but really don't fancy forking out 2.5k for a new set :xdisguest:

spooke

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
I just really like the look of the square stance and I'm sure ill notice the added grip? I would settle for 9's on the front and 8's on the back.

I really want a set of bronze rays, but really don't fancy forking out 2.5k for a new set :xdisguest:
It does look cool, but unless your geometry is setup for the wheel/tyre setup then I think you'd be changing the handle to be more biased to understeer - having the smaller wheel/tyre at the back will help with rotation.

Currently I have 8/7J F/R and I wouldn't go any more other than increasing the fronts to 9J for track only, but ofc go for what you want :)

Price wise I think you'd be lucky to get a set of Rays for £1,000 in the spec you want. There is a set of 7J's going for £1,500 on here.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
9J front and 8.5 rear. On the rear +42 and a 215 tyre with a stretch I just get away with no running. But I used a a different tyre with a stiffer sidewall briefly and it rubbed so that shows you how close to the arches a 8.5 on the rear is

Reggie91

Advanced Member
spooke said:
It does look cool, but unless your geometry is setup for the wheel/tyre setup then I think you'd be changing the handle to be more biased to understeer - having the smaller wheel/tyre at the back will help with rotation.

Currently I have 8/7J F/R and I wouldn't go any more other than increasing the fronts to 9J for track only, but ofc go for what you want :)

Price wise I think you'd be lucky to get a set of Rays for £1,000 in the spec you want. There is a set of 7J's going for £1,500 on here.
The plan is to use it mostly for track and I intend to go with 245's teamed with a decent amount of camber to make them fit lol. I am currently running 8j front and rear too and its great, I just want that more aggressive look which will also help perform on track.

Yeah I don't think I'd get a set for around a £1000 :(. Sad times.

I was having a read of your thread earlier Dan. Car looks great. Wouldn't mind a set of work cr kai's.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Wide rear tyres need a stiffer rear end as they generate too much grip.

Ive ran 255 square and 245 square in the past. Now running 225 rear 245 front ad08r. Will go back to a 255 after these 245

Reggie91

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
Wide rear tyres need a stiffer rear end as they generate too much grip.

Ive ran 255 square and 245 square in the past. Now running 225 rear 245 front ad08r. Will go back to a 255 after these 245
Well I was looking to fit stiffer rear springs and get a thicker arb.

Would you recommend a 9j with 8j set up?

Mebz

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Well I was looking to fit stiffer rear springs and get a thicker arb.

Would you recommend a 9j with 8j set up?
Would it not be better to stick with 9j all round, just use a 255 tyre up front and 225 tyre on rear?

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Mebz said:
Would it not be better to stick with 9j all round, just use a 255 tyre up front and 225 tyre on rear?
Would that not achieve the same thing? The point in the wider wheels means you can run wider tyres, so if I get 8j on the back with 225 on the rears it would be the same but without the tyre being stretched

Mebz

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Would that not achieve the same thing? The point in the wider wheels means you can run wider tyres, so if I get 8j on the back with 225 on the rears it would be the same but without the tyre being stretched
Yes it would. I was just thinking it would be easier to buy the same size wheels