Why are my side skirts different???

Marpol

Advanced Member
Ive never noticed this before until AlanS pointed out that my side skirts are different to the norm!
They are flat pretty much all the way down then comes out a bit at the back as apposed to everyone elses that are chuncky at the front and back with a twist in the middle!...

Are they off a face lift or something? Its really bugging me now and might have to try and source some 'normal' ones :-k

donkeykong

Advanced Member
Yes Looks like u have facelift side skirts, does it really bug you then???
You can find some pre-face lift ones, but i woudlnt bother if i were you, can invest in something else :)

Marpol

Advanced Member
It didnt bother me until it was pointed out! :xlol:

Every time I get in the car now I notice it, just dont think they look as good as the standard pre facelift ones

donkeykong

Advanced Member
It didnt bother me until it was pointed out! :xlol:

Every time I get in the car now I notice it, just dont think they look as good as the standard pre facelift ones
yeah get your point, sometimes these things can be pretty annoying :)
from who did u buy the car?? maybe can ask previous owner?

Marpol

Advanced Member
It was a fresh import so no way of knowing really, had it for 9 month without noticing! :xlol:

If it continues to bug me ill have to try and source some others already in NHB

Marpol

Advanced Member
Hmm... ive just had a look at some pics of the face lifts and they seem to have the same skirts as the pre facelift :-k

Wonder what mine are then? were there any factory options when it came to side skirts?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Facelift and pre have the same sideskirts.
they could well be RSX -S, i dont think they had the twist in the middle

paul 16v

Advanced Member
I think they look ok..........maybe there the reason your cars so powerful in near std spec!! :xlol:

Marpol

Advanced Member
Ha ha imagine! :xlol:

Im happy thats all cleared up now but I still want to swap them for the originals 8)

alan-lee

Advanced Member
had this same thing only it was on one side.. mine dont look that the above tho... they were completely flat, got 2 original pre facelift in blue off ebay for £80 delievered, on the same day they were delivered handy job... but i know how it could annoy you because as soon as i noticed i had to get them changed