why cant people be more careful opening their doors!!!!!!!!

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
So annoyed had some goon put a ding in my door today in a car park after only owning my car for like 3 weeks. Im usually very careful where i park as im sure many of you guys are? but only went into a shop for five minutes so thought i would be safe WRONG came out to see some idiot had dinged my door this really urinees me off whats the matter with these idiots???!!!!!!!!!!! worse thing is i think i saw who was responsible but he had already gone by the time i went back to the car. Nothing a dent guy cant get out but bloody fraustrating as it was completely ding/dent free. Not as bad as watching my mate reverse another mates car in my drive earlier and hitting my house scraping all the paint off one side of the bumper abit above the bumper and scratching the rear light oops lol. BAD TIMES!!!

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I worry about this too, you see people in car parks with their doors open against the car next to them. Then they sit in the car causing the door to slide down a bit... Some people are just careless idiots

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I avoid this at all costs. Even if I have to park over the other side of the car park. Do you find that you do that, spaces all around you, 4-5 either side, then some idiot decides to park his people carrier or 4x4 in the space next to you?!? If I can't find an empty area I find the nearest Porche or other expensive car. Chances of them dinging your car are very slim.

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Yes i am the same lol so annoying as when i pulled up there was a guy getting on his motorbike in the bay next to me who soon leaves, then as im in the shop im keeping an eye on my car and some twat in a work van pulls up and i thought he looks very close to my car then i see him get out squeezing past my wing mirror and i thought oh here we go he has hit my car being that close. He walks into the same shop im in and im looking at him as if im going to stab him then for some reason he leaves drives off before i get chance to get back to my car and check the door what an asshole!!!!!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear that. I've got one dink in my door that might come out. But some clown decided to walk over my roof and dented it!! Luckily I got 99.9% of it out by using a hair dryer and pushing from the inside upwards on the roof lining. Frustrating I know but there like stone chips, inevitable but going to happen due to careless drivers, ie getting too close.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
It can be fixed, don't worry! :)

Wouldn't believe some of the things I have had happen to mine! All fixed now though :)

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
savage mate that aint good! Doesn't matter how careful or how much care you take over your pride and joy they is always someone just around the corner waiting to cause some damage they should be shot lol

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Yeah porthos what happened to yours mate come across an old post where you were saying you were really annoyed with your car due to some reasons to the point you were thinking of selling it?

Vtequila

Dutchy
Maybe there are just jealous people out there who do these damages on purpose and than drive off fastly =/

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
i always park miles away and double space it :)

this has to be one of the worst examples i have ever seen, managed to take a pick of the idiot too!

larz

Advanced Member
I parallel park where possible, or stay as far away as possible... otherwise as mentioned, park next to nice clean expensive cars, or park on the passenger side of a car (provided it has no signs of kids or damage to the doors). Parking near kerbs or walls with the passenger side is always good too, as long as you let your passengers out before you park!

Worst case scenario, i park terribly and take up 2 spaces... I don't care, it's cheaper to get a ticket than it is to fix a ding in my beautiful pearl blue paint!

On a side note; OMG how sad are we!

Chris_M

Advanced Member
I guess this is one of those times, I'm glad that I have a blue badge and I have big spaces to park in, with lots of painted hatchings either side, giving me plenty of space.

Although saying that, at work, there are no disabled spaces and my door was recently dinged, so I kicked up an almighty fuss about it and my employer had to install, at great expense it seems, disabled spaces with lots of room either side.

Seriously, why can't other people have a bit of respect for other people's property?

Vindots

Advanced Member
haha! I worry about that too! especially here in NZ, people with older model cars dont care at all! got a wee bit of dings on my passenger side door, :( small but still.. it hurts!!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
That pic is SICK! Lol. Some people!

Jonah: Mine was damaged by someone else who was picking my car up from having the bumper re-sprayed (second time cos they did a poor job the first time) I wasn't told the full extent of the damage until I realised my car came back with a wonky door and terrible paintwork down the WHOLE side of the car and round the rear quarter window which was peeling and bubbled! The door was also mega dented under the wing mirror! Was a nightmare! Thankfully I am so keen with taking pics I could show what was wrong and they paid TGM to sort it for me who I now recommend to everyone, lol.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I'm the same when I park, I always drive up and down a carpark looking for a trusty spot.

Unfortunately you have to be even more careful this time of year because of the wind as well.