Why did you buy your Integra?

hsvgtsuk

This question came to me as I read the thread "Is it really worth it", by dp9901.

Why did you pick your Integra out of the thousands of cars out there?

Was it because it was different, liked the looks, great reliablilty, or because it is so hard core?

Personally I chose mine because it was the hardest core road going track car that I could find. I love the steering (way better than the CTR), handling, brakes, power and the VTEC kick, touring car sound track, feed back, looks, interior (especially the seats), and the general way that if I was to build a car to my specification, this would be it!

What about you?

impne

Advanced Member
I went for a car that is different but also as you have said looks, reliablilty and because when I've shown a picture to people at work they haven't got a clue what it is.

I looked around for one, then found this site, then decided to get Andy to bring one over for me.....the first time I've ever been in one was today when I went to see Andy to drop my paperwork off..mad most people would say but after the test drive I just can't wait until next thursday to pick it up

keevster

Advanced Member
We heard Lee :lol: :wink:

For all the reasons above, thats just a part of why i bought one.

I have been through so many cars over the past 5 years, and not one in all honesty was i 100% happy about, i knew there where better. The better ones where STI/EVO. Then i got a run in Corbies DC5, which i may add had liked for a while on looks alone.

I new deep down that i could not afford 4wd Turbo with 300bhp. But when i sat down and thought hard about my next car, the DC5 came out on top without a doubt. What i spent on my DC5 i could have got a good EVO 8 for or STI, but i chose the DC5 for its exclusitivity, sheer raw Type R performance and the fact that it is a honda and will last for as long as i want to keep it, also it should hold its value pretty well :lol:

I am 6 months down the line with it, and i have no cold feet and feel that i fancy a change anywhere in the distant future, and thats after a prang in it.

Paul :wink:

wullie

Advanced Member
drivebymonkey said:
cos girls like it... :D
thats sooooooooo true!!! 3 times iv checked my reciept after getting fuel and the girl behind the counters written her number on it!! and im an ugly mofo!!LOL

i originally wanted a CTR but every little rich kid has one and they kick the ass out them everywhere they go, i wanted to be different. i really liked the dc5 so i opted for that (mainly cuz i coudnt afford to run an evo!)

hsvgtsuk

wullie said:
drivebymonkey said:
cos girls like it... :D
thats sooooooooo true!!! 3 times iv checked my reciept after getting fuel and the girl behind the counters written her number on it!! and im an ugly mofo!!LOL
That was one I hadn't though of, but as good as any.

I'm miffed now though, I have had mine six months and have never been given a number because of the car! Gutted!

clio_phil

chalkie said:
I heard the dc5 had a cracking forum, cant find it though. :oops:
pmsl :lol:

I bought mine because i couldnt afford to run my prodrived STI as it was horrendous on fuel/service costs
I would class it as a step down in out right performance but without a doubt its a more enjoyable car to own.

celox performance

Advanced Member
I was fed up with owning turbo cars and wanted a quick n/a car around the 12k-13k mark. Because my Prelude was such a good car I had to go for another Honda which was going to be good looking, great on track, reliable and would eventually replace the Prelude track car when it goes to Honda heaven (it's nearly there :lol: ) so I chose the DC5. I feel like I made a good choice :D

I still want the Evo X though!

benny

Advanced Member
i didnt even really know much about dc5s, the look of the car just slapped me across the face, i drooled slightly and thought i really need that car in my life!!!! didnt know how fast it,or the history or how it handled it was on sheer looks alone!!! sooo glad its was good hahaha

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Was tempted by one ever since I molested the CW DC5 at Warrender in Northwich.
Also the flood of excellent reviews around the world kind of swayed me too. :D

dotty

Advanced Member
Because I was fed up with seeing to many EP3s about when I had mine.

I still dont see any other DC5s in my neck of the woods but they are getting imported thick and fast nowadays :cry:

olliemk1

I had a DC2 and it was the natural choice - it's practical, reliable, quick, capable and fun - does 99% of the things I like a car to do without silly running costs 8)

BillyMcc

Advanced Member
This is really sad to admit but apart from all the stuff you guys have say (i agree) I chose the (black) DC5 2004 as you can go it in the new PS3 Grand Turismo HD Concept! :oops:

Looks shit hot in that game too!