Why do people in certain cars always want to race?

ps2lord5

Advanced Member
i remember them
was always around north manchester and middleton they also had a red dc2

leehonda said:
I remember about 2 maybe 3 years ago sitting at the lights in my old EE9 civic and noticing a red ATR pull up behind me. Didn't pay much attention to it, but then it started revving its engine like a tool and i thought here we go....
so i set off normal thinking what a t*t i had behind me next. Next set of lights it pulled along side and lowered his window and i thought he were go now so i lowered mine and to my amazement it was an unmarked copper! :eek:
He then commented on how clean my civic was and how surprised he was that i didn't shoot off from the lights and then drove off! Which then made me think, well what if i had done? Would i now be getting a good shouting at or worse! That was entrapment in my eyes!
Needless to say every time an ATR with no boot spoiler (There was 2 a red and a black) was spotted driving about round Manchester people behaved themselves!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
leehonda said:
I remember about 2 maybe 3 years ago sitting at the lights in my old EE9 civic and noticing a red ATR pull up behind me. Didn't pay much attention to it, but then it started revving its engine like a tool and i thought here we go....
so i set off normal thinking what a t*t i had behind me next. Next set of lights it pulled along side and lowered his window and i thought he were go now so i lowered mine and to my amazement it was an unmarked copper! :eek:
He then commented on how clean my civic was and how surprised he was that i didn't shoot off from the lights and then drove off! Which then made me think, well what if i had done? Would i now be getting a good shouting at or worse! That was entrapment in my eyes!
Needless to say every time an ATR with no boot spoiler (There was 2 a red and a black) was spotted driving about round Manchester people behaved themselves!
I would NOT have been happy about that. :xrealangry:

flex1984

Advanced Member
i had one today, but im not even sure what car it was, it was some tiny hatch back thing id never seen before.

It was so funny tho, going round a tight corner, not fast really for the teg, but his car looked like it was gona roll over. so funny to see in your rear mirror

Then came flying up behind me even tho i was behind a load of traffic :?

Just thinking why u bother?

benny

Advanced Member
i always seam to get desiels!!!! leon seat tdi! quick too!
Heres something to ponder over
the other week i went to the front of a 2 laned queue as one was empty and the other had about 8 cars in it, the road merges into one about 100 meters after the lights, next to me were 3 what could only be discribed as yobs in a vovlo estate, (and it was a state!) i set off from the lights and cut into my lane, easily out accerating this peice of crap, then they drove up my ass for about 7 miles! pushing me, but you know when its just a little bit too dodgy and you can tell they're not racing, i generally believed they were after the car!
what would you do?
they almost rolled the thing twice chasing me, it was only till i came to a short duel carrage way that i could get some real distance and cars between us, then nipped down a few lanes to ditch the 'pie-key' barstewards!

alfie196

I am forever having golfs and TT's thinking they are racing me.

My run home from work is country lanes and my DC5 is more then capable of sitting at the speed limit through all the bends. Thursday last week i catch an Audi TT on my way home, upon realising they are being caught, the driver stops slowing for bends too (as im sure it is also capable). The driver of this TDI (yes TDI :-k ) now thinking he is in a race, risks his life and more shockingly the lives of the people in an oncoming car, by overtaking the person in front of them at the most stupid place i have ever seen, narrowly avoiding a huge accident.

It begs the question, do only dicks buy these cars or do they become dicks once they have!!??!!

CHRIS-R

Had a strange one this morning,sitting in the right hand lane in a 40mph city zone with two lanes minding my own business when in my rear mirror this white car comes thundering right up my backside.
It was a brand new Focus RS,next thing he pulls along side me and floors it,then sits in front of me and slows down,then goes back into the left lane and turns off.
I know DC5's are sexy looking cars but i'm sure he could have just asked for a photo,chavtastic!! =D>

Martctr

Advanced Member
I left this a while and only just looked lol.

No doubt about it the car brings out the worst in some people. I find Ep3 owners to be better behaved than the skylines. GTS owners are the worst as it's tail end out every corner and scary lol. Anything with a GTR badge will be given my up most respect and I'll make sure I'm not blocking their path whilst it blasts past me at 70+ in a 40 [-X what's worse is I know all the local Skyline owners :xlol: if I had deeper pockets and didnt mind the constant issues I'd own a GTR.

One I forgot to mention that made me wet myself was a suzuki jeep!!! He just didnt want me to pass at any cost. He took the roundabout so fast I thought he was going to roll it. Got to the tesco's and he was standing outside cursing down the phone "You f*cking left milk in the car and now it's all over me"

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
:lol: that sounded like a proper OWNED moment!

In my Fiesta Zetec-S a few years back, I had a modified BMW X5 with full tints pull up next to me.... the passenger wound down the window..... and threw his empty McDonalds cartons at my car :x

Was tempted to get out and a beat the SHlT out of him... but I think they were gang members, lol..... so I wisely declined. :xcry:

Would have loved to have reported them if I had remembered the plate.... was X5 something...

Talking of McDonalds... this really made me laugh...

Fudge

Advanced Member
I get the same attempts even in my old civic. Black sleek and low so people think they have to race me lol.

The best i find is to keep looking at the lights.... sit on the clutch rocking slightly..... as if your ready to go, then as they go green get the initial jump and never go over the speed limit lol. Ive had all number of cars.... porsches, elises saxos everything fly off at the lights thinking they were in a "race" while i calmly drove on at proper speeds lol

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Fudge said:
I get the same attempts even in my old civic. Black sleek and low so people think they have to race me lol.

The best i find is to keep looking at the lights.... sit on the clutch rocking slightly..... as if your ready to go, then as they go green get the initial jump and never go over the speed limit lol. Ive had all number of cars.... porsches, elises saxos everything fly off at the lights thinking they were in a "race" while i calmly drove on at proper speeds lol
HaHa...like that :lol:

Fudge

Advanced Member
Just to add to this, had a saxo get pulled over after this trick the other day for what i can only assume was "speeding"

Rocked past low and slow....... and waved :D

civic17_99

Advanced Member
Fudge said:
Just to add to this, had a saxo get pulled over after this trick the other day for what i can only assume was "speeding"

Rocked past low and slow....... and waved :D

:xlol: Brilliant

jay82

Advanced Member
i find its mainly people in tdi's that always try race people. one guy under took me on a hard shoulder to try get by me awhile back, like whats the point :?: i'm not gonna drive after him and stop at the side of the road and tell him how good of a driver he is and he should be the next mrcea. whats the point to be honest