Why does my fujitsubo rm01a have a hole at the end of tailpipe?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Why does my fujitsubo rm01a have a hole at the end of tailpipe?

I never really thought about it until a friend asked; whilst I know for the spoon n1 it's for a bung, but I'm pretty sure this isn't an option, nor does it need one

Chewy

Advanced Member
That's a good question actually, I've never really thought about it...

As you say, the only thing I can think of is so it can run a bung, but being Jasma approved I wouldn't have thought you'd ever need it.

Could be something to do with the manufacturing process? or just in case you run it with a decat and required a bung for track?

ek4

Advanced Member
100% for the bung. I bought a fujitsubo bung for an RM-01A several years ago. Was about £50-70

As the RM01A gets older the packing disintegrates so become quite loud so needed a bung then to pass db test on some tracks.

Repacking is other option which I also had done

sh3lldon

sorry to dig up old thread was looking for other info relating to RM01A

The hole can be used to fit an official Fuji Titanium Rainbow tip

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
sh3lldon said:

Never seen one of them before I thought it was for a bung like most exhuast tips with the holes ....

Chewy

Advanced Member
sh3lldon said:

Now that's pretty cool!

Burnt tip FTW.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Quick google search on the above and it looks pretty neat

I've now sold the Fuji and have a twinloop

p1tse

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
Which do you prefer?
Rm01a felt like it was a bit more eager around the rev range, so maybe was more free flowing? But we're talking subtle differences.

Twinloop bit more oem plus type.

Sound wise, twinloop isn't much louder than oem, rm01a was slightly more louder which was nice to hear an exhaust note. However, I found it a bit dull at times, not much character, was a flat lower note throughout the rev range.

But the twinloop with a decat mani is a lovely daily, more tuneful and different notes to rm01a without being offensive and I'm guessing fine for track users, which I see that's your aim.

I would like it a little bit louder, but as it's a daily I don't want to ruin it with an OTT exhaust. Maybe a unsilenced b pipe but mugen must have designed the smaller pipe for a reason which people/ Internet talk says its better for torque?

I can see why people have sold the twinloop in search for more exhaust note from a cat back, but I would recommend a decat mani to go with it, but then those who aren't looking for a remap are limited.

I would like to try the rm01a again with a decat though, but I would say it might be a touch loud for me. The rm01a was louder and a bit of drone on motorway versus current setup

p1tse

Advanced Member
And for looks

I like the rm01a more as the tip was perfect size and say flush to the rear bumper lip whilst the twinloop is a bit lost

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Cheers. I have a choice between the two at the moment, I had an RM01A on my S2000 and it was nice although extremely raspy. I guess the noise on a Teg would differ to the twin exit S2000 though.

I'm swaying towards the Mugen.

p1tse

Advanced Member
The rm01a on the teg with standard mani wasn't raspy; and I guess it was what I was looking for.

There's a kaki regu 06 r for sale on here I think.
Lovely looking and sounding exhaust and Jasma rated.

Although if it's power I think rm01a being more free around rev range might be a good pick

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Which regu? The one I just saw is marked as sale agreed.

I know dotty had no issues with power and his Mugen Twin Loop with Toda mani.

Just concerned my DC will be too loud.

p1tse

Advanced Member
I can't see it now, might have been sold

The regu 06 r has a blue type tip

Beppe made good power with twinloop too.
I think people sell it more often than not wanting more noise and question the design. Although the rm01a was lighter

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
Which regu? The one I just saw is marked as sale agreed.

I know dotty had no issues with power and his Mugen Twin Loop with Toda mani.

Just concerned my DC will be too loud.
Patch_teg said:
I can't see it now, might have been sold

The regu 06 r has a blue type tip

Beppe made good power with twinloop too.
I think people sell it more often than not wanting more noise and question the design. Although the rm01a was lighter
I had been interested in seeing what kind of power people made running with a Twinloop, do they have a build thread somewhere I assume?

I had considered swapping mine out for something a bit louder/Free flowing like an N1/J's! Think I'll stick with it for now get a decat mani and see how it goes from there!