Why has my insurance rocketed ! ( SKY ! )

daz_martin

just had a letter through from sky to renew my insurance.

I had a FTO GPvR and when I got the DC5 this year I had to pay more premium to SKY as I got the car 1/2 way though my insurance year. I had to pay an extra £100 which took the total up to £650, my new quote £816 :x :x :x WHY ?

I am 39 years old full no claims
Car garaged in the evenings good postcode.
less than 10,000 miles a year
Cat 1 alarm
Air filter and exhaust mods
No convictions etc

Well Piissed. :evil: [/b]

Ring round time !

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
That does seem on the 'very' high side! :shock:

I'd ring them up and see what they can do. They've just sorted me out with a blinding quote. £530... I'm 26 with 6 years NCD and have 5 points.

Do you know who the insurer is?

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
hey daz

phone up a-plan and if its cheaper phone SKY back up as they always try and beat a-plan's quotes.

well they did for me.... :D

D@nCeR

Advanced Member
im with Aplan and i cant fault them 2 years running they have dropped my premium.. give em a call!

daz_martin

Cheers guys, i will call a-plan, on-line Warwick Davis £750 heading the right way i suppose !

Is it cheaper to have the missus put on or only yourself ? She never drives it though.

Daz

mikegsi

Staff member
i had the missus on mine,

30yr old, loads if mods declared (performance ones), garaged in reasonable postcode was £400 with aplan, i appreciate it would have gone up slightly in todays climate, but not by double

that was with a-plan

tron2k3

Advanced Member
You mentioned you had to pay an extra £100 from the fto to the DC5 for the 6 months remaining on your existing policy so wouldn't that make it £200 extra for the year? which it is slightly under the £200 from £650 to £815

daz_martin

yep i see your logic there, still don't understand why it is so high, also when i told sky i was looking at the DC5 they told me it was £17 extra for the remainder of the policy. once i bought it and rang them to change I was hit with the extra £100 that i wasn't expecting. I also seem to have lost 2 years no claims with them for no reason, when i rang last year they siad that I was at the maximum so wether it said 7 or 9 years NCB on the policy was neither here not there. ! Still haven't rang A-Plan so maybe i should get aff my arse and ring around instead of moaning. :oops:

daz_martin

Just spoke to Philip at A-Plan, well done that man ! He has just nearly halved the quote from Sky. Am I :D :D :D or what !

Thanks for the advice guys.
Daz