wider tires

hondazzz

Advanced Member
i was considering going for 225/45/r17 tires, i have read mixed opinions in the forum but i dont know if those that said that it makes no difference were talking for a 225 on a 7" wheel.

So if i use a 225 tire on a 7,5" width wheel will it worth the upgrade from a 215 7"?

tico_87

Advanced Member
Iv'e run 225 Bridgestone RE070 on both 7j oem wheels and now 7.5j team dynamics. Not noticed much difference as i'm only running that size on 2 lol plus at the price they cost compared to the RE050 it was a no brainer for me. Just waiting for the RE050 to become worn out to purchase another two 225.

hondazzz

Advanced Member
anyone else to add his experience? does the .5jj extra and 10mm width of tire contact,makes a difference?

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
You've got to ask yourself, are you really pushing your car to its absolute limits? And that you'll even benefit from the extra 10mm grip? Or are we just talking pub chat here, in which case go for it!

I know I stayed with 7" wheels when I went after market as I haven't even tried to find 1/10th of what this car is capable of (and don't intend on tracking it at any point either) so it would be a complete waste of money be going 7.5 or onwards. Keep my money for petrol and enjoy the car as is. That's my experience.

hondazzz

Advanced Member
I cant say I have reached all the limits of my car , but I do fast road and did track once. I need more grip that yoko s.drive offers me on midcorners and in straight line acceleration.So yes I need more grip:p
My question is AD08 215 on 7jj or 225 on 7.5jj.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I went from standard rims on 215s to 8jj and 225s and noticed quite a difference in grip.

I went from worn Pirrelli tyres to brand new eagle F1's all round at the same time though so I'm sure that had quite a lot to do with it.

One negative about the wider setup is that I think they tend to tramline a little more than the standard profile but I'll be sticking to this setup personally.