Will 17x9 ET42 fit my DC5?

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Looking to get some grid drifts. 17x9 with an offset of +42. Anyone know if they will fit straight on clearning the brembos and also not rub the arches.

They also come in ET22 although i wont be going for that. This is how they look..

And my ride height currently on eaibach pro spring...

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

hoho

Advanced Member
I don't think they will fit mate, for 9" inch wide alloys you will need an offset of +50 or +60 ....dave c on here runs 17x9 ET50 Rota Fighters i think

dave c

400hp K20
hoho said:
I don't think they will fit mate, for 9" inch wide alloys you will need an offset of +50 or +60 ....dave c on here runs 17x9 ET50 Rota Fighters i think
They should fit on the inside, but they will poke more so fitment would be determined by your arch clearance. Roll arches and you might get away with it. must admit i was tempted with these but havent tried them. If they do fit, let me know ;)

truupR

Advanced Member
I've always loved these alloys :( Please go find a way to fit them and report back lol, I think they'd look epic. Then again I just love the concave style alloys on pretty much any car

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
You could run them if you rolled and slightly flared your arches front and rear. You'd also be advised to push up the arch liners to avoid them digging through the plastic if you do scrub.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
+1 If there was a way to make these fit I would be very interested, these are exactly the wheel I want.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
they will fit with additional camber and a rear arch roll. obviously how much work involved is dependant on tyre size.

ill be running a 17x9 +40 in a couple of months with a 245/40 tyre

i tested the same tyres on my old wheels with spacers

blueguy

Resident J's whore
mike.williams said:
they will fit with additional camber and a rear arch roll. obviously how much work involved is dependant on tyre size.

ill be running a 17x9 +40 in a couple of months with a 245/40 tyre

i tested the same tyres on my old wheels with spacers
Rear as well Mike?

mike.williams

Advanced Member
8.5x17 +40 with 5mm spacer giving +35 so its the equivalent of a 17x9 +41 (my new wheels will be +40)

tyre is 245/40 ad08 which run wide for this size

camber adjusted on the rear but not on the front as i know they will fit once adjusted, i rolled my rear arches fronts are untouched

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Hmmm, I had pretty much dismissed the idea before but if what you say is true then I'm going for the Grid Drifts when funds allow, I'm rubbish at all this wheel stuff lol :)

Brophy

Advanced Member
Nicely done mate ;) you are deff the King of aggressive fitment on the site lol

I thought I was doing well with my 17x8 et45 :p

mike.williams

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Hmmm, I had pretty much dismissed the idea before but if what you say is true then I'm going for the Grid Drifts when funds allow, I'm rubbish at all this wheel stuff lol :)
Just be aware it wont be straight forward but it will work

Brophy said:
Nicely done mate ;) you are deff the King of aggressive fitment on the site lol

I thought I was doing well with my 17x8 et45 :p
Haha i get my inspiration from a select few cars on clubrsx and various US honda forums.

Fahadl786

Advanced Member
Cheers for the advice guys.

Mike you have a pretty awesome setup.

Probably pass on the idea for grids. Its heartbreaking. Had high hopes to get them. Lol. Just do not want to roll my arches. Its a joke that i have to roll them for ET42.

Going to see if i can somehow test fit some grids. Has to be 9j concave faced.

RunsWithScissors

Ive fitted 17x9" ET50 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's (subaru fitment) with 6mm spacers (to fit over the central spigot) to my DC5 with 225 tyres all round.

The fronts scrub slightly under hard cornering but I only have springs fitted, im fitting some teins soon.