WILL A CIVIC JACKSON SUPERCHARGER KIT FIT MY DC5

welsh dc5

HI ALL CAN ANYONE ONE HELP MIGHT BE GETTING MY HANDS ON A SECOND HAND CIVIC TYPE R SUPERCHARGER AND KIT OFF MY MATES CRASHED TPYE R

JUST WONDERING WILL THE KIT WORK OR WILL I NEED TO MODD. IT A BIT,ALSO WOULD THE MANAGMENT E.C.U WORK?

IF ANYONE ONE COULD HELP IT WOULD BE GRAT,THANKS ALL :?: :|

fonz600

Advanced Member
The intake manifold is different and you have PAS as opposed to EPS so unsure how your tensioning system would work.

Also the EP3 intake manifold is actually inferior to the DC5 one.

I'd imagine it would fit but regarding the tensioner, I think that would be different.

If he has a PRA Kpro ECU then nope, stick to your own as PRA can't log Wideband.

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
Think I remember reading somewhere that the civic jackson kit will not fit the DC5, but the DC5 kit will fit the civic. Don't quote me on this :wink:

welsh dc5

supercharger

thanks for the info.

any more out there :? would be great

do u think it`s worth buying?or am i buying trouble

raz786

Advanced Member
Speak to TDI North or TGM before you buy, they'll tell you whatever you need to know. If you buy it and it doesn't fit then its a waste of money (unless your getting it dirt cheap and an sell it on in the event of it not fitting!)

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
As stated, do not buy. You would need to buy a whole load of brackets/mounts, a tensioner assembly & new manifold to make it fit a DC5. Way more hassle than it's worth.

welsh dc5 said:
HI ALL CAN ANYONE ONE HELP MIGHT BE GETTING MY HANDS ON A SECOND HAND CIVIC TYPE R SUPERCHARGER AND KIT OFF MY MATES CRASHED TPYE R

JUST WONDERING WILL THE KIT WORK OR WILL I NEED TO MODD. IT A BIT,ALSO WOULD THE MANAGMENT E.C.U WORK?

My opinion dont buy a Jackson full stop.

You can have a bottom of engine block mounted Rotrex centrifugal supercharger fitted, Stage 1 320bhp and Stage 2 400-450bhp.

karll

DMFPERFORMANCE said:
welsh dc5 said:

My opinion dont buy a Jackson full stop.

You can have a bottom of engine block mounted Rotrex centrifugal supercharger fitted, Stage 1 320bhp and Stage 2 400-450bhp.

Why bother making the usual remarks with no substance .

The good thing about using the jackson MP62 charger kit is that it will provide years and years of reliable operation due to it being designed for OEM applications , it also makes for a very neat and compact install that can produce up 350 crank Hp .
Then you get to best aspect of this package which is the power delivery with torque being deliverd fairly even across the whole rev range and power increasing with engine revs which complements the K20a no end .

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
my opinion DONT fi a k20a engine at all, with any type, be it jrsc, rotrex,or turbo. unless you do pistons , rods etc.

dotty

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
my opinion DONT fi a k20a engine at all, with any type, be it jrsc, rotrex,or turbo. unless you do pistons , rods etc.
I agree, they all go bang in the end..

karll

C&S Evo7 said:
I have never heard this before i know of many K20a2 lumps making 300 and more with out any issues , but then they have been mapped correctly .

karll said:
C&S Evo7 said:
I have never heard this before i know of many K20a2 lumps making 300 and more with out any issues , but then they have been mapped correctly .
karll said:

Why bother making the usual remarks with no substance .
Karl we are at the thick end of k-series engine development and can give you substance.

We supply race engines for the lotus trophy, castle combe Gt series, Nippon challenge and trust me one guy Andrew Kell destroyed three Honda K using a Jackson Charger in the lotus trophy www.elisetrophy.com , in my opinion they are a low tech cheap forced induction setup that are beneath a Teg's superior engineering and image. The Rotrex systems are fitted to the 1million Koeniggsigg (Spelling) supercars and are proven to enhance the smooth power characterisitcs of a high revving n/a engine. We have a 550bhp 2.35L revving to 9000rpm to prove this.

Forced induction is not for everyone I can respect and appreciate that but some forced induction solutions systems are better and more suitable than others. I had a conversation with Tom TGM and hes about to put together a Rotrex system for his car. I dont what your background is Karl but we work extensively with engines. Regards Dan

karll said:
C&S Evo7 said:
It is a known fact that the pistons (cast hypereutectic) are a major weakeness in the K20 powerplant and many companies that participate in endurance racing example Mardi Gras based at Silverstone and others immediate replace the pistons and leave the rods standard. (When used for N/A purposes only).
If you are using boost then the extra torque loading through the rod beam accelerates fatigue, it would be a very wise move to replace the rod particularly if you replace the piston. Karl what is your background? Are you a motorsports engineer or do you race?

JDC5

Charged DC5
oh thanks... reading this is making me worried now.. lol.. I've got a jackson racing supercharger..

I've had the charger fitted for about 7months now.. I speak to other owner and they had 2years out of them... I mean, i have done my research and found the Jackson to be a good choice.. are they really that bad?

To be honest.. I knw F/I is not every1 cup of tea.. but it was a balance between the cost of parts and performance, The jackson gives me both performance and cost are fair less then N/A, I know it will reduce the lfe of the car, but doesnt any mod to the car do... also I dont race it round like you would on a track, In MY opinion i think the Jackson racing is the best mod i brought.

JD