Will I regret buying a 2001,Scooby Forester STI?

kingston

Advanced Member
pends on what you plan on doing with it

could always get a ppp uk one but if youve got the money, get an sti.

just noticed you meant the sf, id go for a sg xt ppp

Snowdrift

Forester STI's are great cars. Its an impreza with more practicality. Not seen over here very often so they turn plenty of heads. I've considered one more than once.

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Snowdrift said:
Not seen over here very often so they turn plenty of heads. I've considered one more than once.
I can't stop looking at the one I have in mind. Hmmmm,decisions,decisions..... :xaiweb3:

Snowdrift

LewisK20 said:
Chalkie if you haven't seen or heard of Mighty Car Mods on YouTube I highly recommend you watch the videos on their Forrester STI build before you buy one.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mighty+car+mods+forester&oq=Mighty+car+mods+for&gs_l=youtube.3.0.0l6.338.3786.0.5007.24.20.0.1.1.0.325.2796.10j7j1j2.20.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.S_bF8uUvsB4
Theirs is a new shape forester XT, a 2001 STI is a completely different animal. night and day difference. although MCM vids are always worth a watch :)

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Nearly lost you there to one of the many dark sides. Nice car though to be fair.

Chewy

Advanced Member
I have a little thing for sporty wagons...no idea why, I'm 23...

But the 2006 facelft forester STI, and EVO wagon make me tingle, would love one as a daily.

Linus27

Advanced Member
Massive Scooby fan here and we are currently on our third. Love them to bits as they are fast, practical, reliable and cheap to run. What we like about them is they are a solid work horse but also fun with a bit of character. Sooner be driving a Scooby than an Audi//BMW even if the quality is not as high.

It really does depend on what you are looking for in a car. If it's to do a lot of miles or just getting fed up with the race car feel of the DC5 then it will be a good alernative as it will still be fun, fast but not as focussed and more comfortable. They also do an XT which has the 2.5 Impreza engine and goes like stink still. Not an STi though :)

I've not driven an STi Forester but do hear great things about them. I think it will be a blast but not sure I would replace my DC5 with one. We would consider one in around five years to replace the Impreza as the kids will be older and that extra space and practicality would be nice.

This is our Impreza WRX.