Will this work? headlight lense replacement

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
So I was thinking, rather than pay around 400 quid to replace my worn out nasty looking yellow headlights with new genuine headlights,

Could I purchase these cheap copy's, made for the RSX Acura, and swap the plastic lenses from the new ones to my original JDM Honda headlights.

Anyone tried this?

David_showerks

Advanced Member
Buy once buy right imo. you may buy these but if it doesnt work perfectly for you... you will end up buying again so could cost you more in the long run. if you cant afford to buy new OEM ones in my opinion save and wait and buy genuine.

Think they are just over £300 from Hendy performance atm tho i could be wrong

DC5RS

DC5
Yes can be done, I had the same exact situation. But i recommend buying OEM ones, better quality, no issues with water getting inside etc.
Plus they aren't 100% fit, I 'd say 92% still very close but as said is the resealing which will make the difference, not letting water and humidity get inside.

I satyed with OEM in the end and wont buy any cheap stuff again for the car, lesson learned.

truupR

Advanced Member
Mine were a nasty shade of yellow for a long while. 3/4 passes with the DA polisher and voila - as close to brand new without spending £350. I've seen lots of people on here getting the same results with wet/dry sanding.. worth a shot before you spending

k20-outlaw

Advanced Member
Iv'e done the wet sanding and polishing, mine are beyond repair, there are tiny cracks right the way threw the plastic, everyone thinks their headlights are mint after they polish them, but when you see a new pair of headlights, you realize they are far from perfect.

p1tse

Advanced Member
That's true I've tried wet sand before but the small cracks on my audi did my head in