Wind Deflector Ripped of on M4 - growing list of inperfections :-(

ladykb

Advanced Member
I have just returned from 2 weeks away and was doing my first 75 mile trip to the office, and then on the M4 in the fast lane all of a sudden bang scared the crap out of me.....

I thought somethings hit my car from the other carriage way it hit my window with a smack i then worried about damage to the body work.....

It was then i noticed my driver side wind deflector was missing :xcry: :xcry:

It seems the first clip had snapped (not sure when) and then the other 2 gave up and it just ripped off. Just typical its a week before the south mimms meet :angry: :angry:

I need to either get a new set or a replacement driver side now :-(

So my car currently has these things that need doing, the list is growing

1. Wing Mirror Scratches - from when it was imported
  2. Driver front wing correction and respray - local travellers collecting scrap metal from my bathroom refit hit my car with the old water tank
  3. passengar side car park dink needs sorting
  4. Driver side Integra Type R decal missing - I jet washed it off
  5. Driver Wind Deflector needed - ripped off on M4 today
  6. Good going over with ultimate compound for my swirls

Oh and its due a service and tax next month :xcry: :xcry:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Oh dear, not looking too good is it! But nothing on there that can't be sorted!

Point 4 did make me laugh though.... I didn't think that was possible! how close were you to the panel!?

Mine needs a service as well soon, better book that up!

As for the Wind Deflector though.... sounds pretty rare for that to happen! :blink:

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I feel for you I have a list that building and building also.

I was gonna get some minor work done but decided bite the bullet instead and do it all at once hopefully over winter time.

I hate walking towards my car right now because all I stare at are the imperfections it is quite heart wrentching.

PooM

Ah I feel for you, I have a similar list too :(

1. Front bumper/lip needs replacing - Hit a fox with my lip, snapped the mounts off. Then months later I accidentally bumped into the back of my friends car while pulling out of a junction, he moved forward, hesitated and stopped, I didn't see him as I was checking to see if the junction was still clear for me too go too, while moving forward :(

2. Front headlights need replacing - The usual cloudiness and condensation drips on the inside of the lenses.

3. Type R Decals came off while jetwashing (it does happen PORTHOS ;)) - I have just removed them. Looks cleaner without them :)

4. Bonnet & Drivers Wing needs respraying - Stone chips :(

5. Drivers seat needs retrim & new bolster - Air mesh has been threaded loads due to zips on jeans! :( - Normal right hand bolster gone too!

6. Need polybush exhaust hangers to raise my b-pipe up. The Fujibitsu RM01-A sits soooo low to the ground, need to pull it up!

7. Need to re-laquer my brake callipers, as they are pink.

8. Need new exhaust manifold, as my cat is starting to get blocked. Car is losing power slowly :(

9. Wheels have seen better days, think they are due a refurb.

10. Climate control backlit dial bulbs need replacing.

11. Need new clips for passenger side sill trim, my friend broke them when fitting the amp wiring kit.

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head. I'm sure there is more though lol! - I have a bigger list than you, so hopefully that will make you feel better ;)

-Woody-

Advanced Member
My wind deflector nearly came off on the motorway, no reason though as I don't recall anything hitting it.

As for the list of things to do, manage to get one sorted and another two comes up. Can't keep up with them at the minute :(

eg9_dc2

Advanced Member
number 2 is making my blood boil! theres nothing worse than a dent/scratch to ruin your car......or even worse....when you park at the shopping centre and you have ever so small ding from other cars doors hitting your when they open and close em......that small ding just starts to grow in your mind like cancer! lol!

ladykb

Advanced Member
Just bought a set of used Wind Deflectors from 'Integrastella' for £85 delivered. They break a lot of DC5's and he said he also has these items available currently

Tein Flex, Mugen + Ohlin Suspension, Mugen + AEM Induction, Mugen ECU, just sold a K-Pro.
Got one Parcel shelf also

Parts Site I used link

brucey87

Advanced Member
He has a Mugen ecu for sale? cant find it on his site or his ebay, maybe he hasn't listed it yet? Did he give you a list of what hes got or something?

ladykb

Advanced Member
He has a Mugen ecu for sale? cant find it on his site or his ebay, maybe he hasn't listed it yet? Did he give you a list of what hes got or something?
Yeah when i told him i had a DC5 he sent me a little list, give them a call :wink:

kingston

Advanced Member
Used finishline recently in Graveley for another cars wheels - very good quality but pricey (if you need a bodyshop)

Dents, go to F1 Dents - he sorted mine out and is very good, 60 a panel roughly

As for the wind deflectors - its done you a good thing as they look hideous

ladykb

Advanced Member
Used finishline recently in Graveley for another cars wheels - very good quality but pricey (if you need a bodyshop)

Dents, go to F1 Dents - he sorted mine out and is very good, 60 a panel roughly

As for the wind deflectors - its done you a good thing as they look hideous
I have actually got quotes from finish line to correct some imperfections, heres what they quoted me, is this pricey?

• Remove and strip N/S mirror, O/S mirror and exterior mouldings and trims to O/S/F wing
  • Repair damage to N/S mirror, O/S Mirror and O/S/F wing
  • Prepare and paint repaired panels in base coat and lacquer
  • reassemble vehicle
Labour and Paint - £220 + VAT (this is my biggest must have done, i hate looking at my scratched mirrors and front wing)

• Remove and strip rear bumper
  • Repair damage to rear bumper
  • Prepare and paint base coat and lacquer
  • reassemble vehicle
Labour & Paint - £250 + VAT (not that serious just some scuffs when she was shipped over so might leave this one)

• Remove and strip exterior mouldings and trims to N/S/R quarter and N/S door
  • Repair damage to N/S/R quarter
  • Prepare and paint blending to N/S door
  • Reassemble vehicle
Labour and Paint - £350 + VAT (this is the small car parking dink think this is steep to fix that)

I'll look into F1 dents, on the wind deflectors i actually can't stand looking at the side with the one missing, i dont think id have them on a blue or white DC5 but on a black i love the look of them, and i really missed them driving in the rain as can't have the window open :xcry: each to their own opinion though.

kingston

Advanced Member
Think your best bet is to get some quotes and see how much more/less they are than others. I just found that what i was quoted for, i thought was quite abit of money but then i didnt get quotes from elsewhere as i had to divert the money to something else. Though they are good....

Yeah, Jake (F1 Dents) sorted out mine last time and what a body shop said would need filling and spraying (that old chestnut), he got out. Again no more expensive/cheaper than the alternates and would use him again