Wind Deflectors

barsby2k10

Advanced Member
I know someone recently posted about PlastRx on the wind deflectors.

Whilst following PORTHOS' instructions on using ultimate compound on the paint, I tried some on the wind deflectors (Applied by hand - very easily) and they came up like this:

Before

After

Thought it was a great enhancement to the car just having shiny wind deflectors!

dave7368

Advanced Member
amazing difference! good work, almost makes me wish i had wind deflectors on mine.... almost, hehe

civic17_99

Advanced Member
That was me i used the Meguiars headlight restoration kit on mine which produced the same results you have got. They came out really well, nice work :)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Awesome work!

Yeah, Ultimate compound... amazing what else you can use it on! :xcheers:

I found it was better on headlights than Plast-RX!

barsby2k10

Advanced Member
Thought about using it on the headlights but wasn't sure. But if you say it works then I will give it a go.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
this stuff really does work a treat on headlights too..

before

after

civic17_99

Advanced Member
The head lights came out really well to :) nice work. I just got myself a bottle of ultimate compound at the weekend so i am going to use it on friday to tackle some of the swirls on the car.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
yes you can, look up thread abit at the pics of how it made them look new again :)

cwwoodley

I've recently bought a DA and thought I would try some of this ultimate compound, very happy with the results on the roof so far, will let you know how it goes when I have done the whole car

ladykb

Advanced Member
has anyone else had a go as mentioned in this thread? I bought some and wanna give it a go on my wind deflectors and headlights..

Roughly how long should this take me to do like the pictures above by hand?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
has anyone else had a go as mentioned in this thread? I bought some and wanna give it a go on my wind deflectors and headlights..

Roughly how long should this take me to do like the pictures above by hand?
Not long at all, although some pressure and multiple passes will help. Just use a soft applicator pad with the Compound, rub it in with some pressure and wipe it off, keep doing this until its nice and clear. 8) I like to Finish it off with a bit of wax.

ladykb

Advanced Member
Not long at all, although some pressure and multiple passes will help. Just use a soft applicator pad with the Compound, rub it in with some pressure and wipe it off, keep doing this until its nice and clear. 8) I like to Finish it off with a bit of wax.
Thanks, foam applicator pad or the even coat applicator best?