window tint

timp

Advanced Member
Gonna remove the tint film from my windows as im not a fan. Do you think this was put on by the guy in Japan or was an option from Honda??

Does it come off easy, i'm guessing it will leave some sticky crap on the window whats best to get that off??

Merry Christmas

Cheers

Tim

timp

Advanced Member
So your saying it won't come off Chris? looks like it will come off the tailgate but the sides looked a bit tougher? would it be best to change the glass on the sides?

Is that the aerial in the side windows as well?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
The areal is on the roof at the rear where the roof meets the rear window.

As for the glass, you'd probably have to get hold of some clear glass to replace it with. I'm pretty sure they are factory tinted and not the normal stuff.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Any chance of a pic of your aerial??
I thought mine is on my windscreen......

timp

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:
Oh yeah :lol: :oops:

Bugger knows where it is then!
:lol:

my car came with the sat nav and it was linked to the side windows so it looks like this may be the aerial?

Rear window looks like it was tinted after manufacture as a hole was made for the road license

dazza

Advanced Member
Your right the aerial in the side rears is for the Sat-nav.
As for the radio aerial that's built into the rear window hence crap reception :roll: .
If there aftermarket tints then you should be able to find an edge and begin peeling.
If there from the factory then your going to have to change the whole window.

gixer750

Advanced Member
if your car doesn't have rear wipe, it may be it didn't have factory tinted glass (non c pack)
after market tint should come off and leave it clear without replacing any windows.
would be a ball ache job tho', hot air gun/hair drier might make removal easier, but i don't recommend stanley knife blades on the back window, the heating element is too easily damaged.

Project

Advanced Member
All DC5's c packs or not have factory tints so theres no point trying to peel it off as you'll just damage the screen.
Best bet is to buy an Acura window for the rear and sides and have them replaced.

gixer750

Advanced Member
sorry, but not all dc5's have blacked out rear windows.
this is my non c pack dc5, but could be done to look like the c pack cars, as i believe Timp's car has.