Windscreen help!

Erm

Advanced Member
Has anyone been able to get hold of a windscreen when they've had one smashed?

Just had a fucking roof tile at work fall and completely obliterate my windscreen so need a new one ASAP as the car is undriveable. Spoke to Honda and earliest date they can get one is 28th Feb.

Auto windscreens are the people my insurance company have put in charge of finding a replacement for me.

Any helpful insight? Please?

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Theres a used one on ebay atm, its £165 collection only, being sold by integrastella.

Altecians

Advanced Member
I had a pretty nasty crack in the windshield after a track day a while back.. I believe my insurance used Auto Windscreens as well. They ended up getting an OEM item from Honda which was a win.

Only thing I must warn you is to stress to them which model Integra it is if you want it done quickly. They brought the DC2 glass twice.

Erm

Advanced Member
-Birdy- said:
Theres a used one on ebay atm, its £165 collection only, being sold by integrastella.
Just spoke to him, said he had a guy out to take one out and he broke 2, said the one he has left has a chip in it and not sure if it'll come out not broken. So unfortunately not an option..... looks like i'll be off the road for 2 weeks waiting for a new windscreen as they are ordering from honda.

Erm

Advanced Member
Altecians said:
I had a pretty nasty crack in the windshield after a track day a while back.. I believe my insurance used Auto Windscreens as well. They ended up getting an OEM item from Honda which was a win.

Only thing I must warn you is to stress to them which model Integra it is if you want it done quickly. They brought the DC2 glass twice.
Oh I have mate, I called them just not and got a stroppy bloke having a go at me for not waiting for them to call me. Didn't appreciate that I wanted to make sure they ordered the right one!

Resigned myself to a 2+ week wait with the car off the road. Gutted.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Atleast its not damaged the bonnet/ paint etc. Id say if anything you were unlucky, but lucky in the same way. pita like you say for two weeks wait, but rather that than a tree falling on your car and writting it off. (happened to a guy at work the other day)

Hope yo get it sorted soon mate :)

Erm

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Atleast its not damaged the bonnet/ paint etc. Id say if anything you were unlucky, but lucky in the same way. pita like you say for two weeks wait, but rather that than a tree falling on your car and writting it off. (happened to a guy at work the other day)

Hope yo get it sorted soon mate :)
Thanks. Not able to see if there is any bodywork damage yet (no massive obvious damage) until it dries off. At least with bodywork damage the car is more likely to be able to be driven until you get it fixed. I'll be amazed if there isn't a few chips/scratches that'll need sorting as well.

So frustrating.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I know when mine was smashed Honda do stock them so worth asking them to check their various locations for stock. Buddyclub also have a few heated ones on their shelves so speak to Paul @ SPD

Jake990

Hello I've had the exact thing happen to me this morning a tile from my house fell on my car smashing the windscreen trim and wind deflector 😞. I've rang my insurance and they put me through to auto windscreens I've quoted auto glass part numbers to them and drilled home the fact it's a DC5 not dc2. Apparently they are coming to fit one Monday, so may be worth ringing them again and trying your luck.

The part number I quoted for the screen was : 3995AGN

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
DC5 screen - 3995AGN

Fitting seal - 3995ASMC

Left hand plastic trim - 3995ASMCL

Right hand plastic trim - 3995ASMCR

Erm

Advanced Member
Thanks lads.... sorry to hear it happened to you too jake....

here's my damage......

Jake990

I thought I was seeing things when I saw your post. Mines just like it, but the top corner. I hope you manage to get it sorted asap!!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Erm said:
Thanks lads.... sorry to hear it happened to you too jake....

here's my damage......
Well it did a good job of that. goes to show what could have happened to a person.

Hope you get them sorted hassle free guys xthumbup

Erm

Advanced Member
Just spoke to them and been told 3 weeks... 5th march... They ordered from Honda.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Pretty amazing it hit the windscreen bang in the centre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erm

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Pretty amazing it hit the windscreen bang in the centre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, got CCTV at work that will show it happening, will check it tomorrow.

Insurance at work will cover the £75 excess at least, just 3 weeks without my car, start the countdown!

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Always painful when you have to make do without your car especially when something is wrong with it, whenever I have to take my car down to TGM to have any work done I feel lost without it. I had my MOT done today locally and they were kind enough to loan me a car FOC to get to work and back, a lovely MKII Ford Mondeo diesel in grey, you couldn't get more boring! All I could think all day was I need my car back :(

But its such a good feeling when you get it back it's almost worth the pain, makes you appreciate it all the more :)

Jake990

Erm said:
Just spoke to them and been told 3 weeks... 5th march... They ordered from Honda.
You have got me worried now as they didn't say anything about having to order me a windscreen. I hope they don't turn up Monday with the wrong one or worse ring me tomorrow and say a 3 week wait.

Erm

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Always painful when you have to make do without your car especially when something is wrong with it, whenever I have to take my car down to TGM to have any work done I feel lost without it. I had my MOT done today locally and they were kind enough to loan me a car FOC to get to work and back, a lovely MKII Ford Mondeo diesel in grey, you couldn't get more boring! All I could think all day was I need my car back :(

But its such a good feeling when you get it back it's almost worth the pain, makes you appreciate it all the more :)
Yeah, not to sound ungrateful but I've got merc c180 to get around in for the next 3 weeks. I'm grateful I've got something to get around in and its far from a shed of a car, its just horribly boring to drive. Went round a banked roundabout to get home that my DC5 just rails around and it felt like I went around it in a bus today lol

The biggest plus is I've got a trip to Devon (I'm based in herts/north london) for a mates wedding end of this month, so saving near enough 700 miles on the engine of my DC5 lol

Erm

Advanced Member
Jake990 said:
You have got me worried now as they didn't say anything about having to order me a windscreen. I hope they don't turn up Monday with the wrong one or worse ring me tomorrow and say a 3 week wait.
Sorry mate, maybe you got the last of the stock this morning?