Windscreen query?

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Can someone find the thread on the replacement windscreen it had parts numbers etc on it?

Ive searched but cant get it

Thanks

Chewy

Advanced Member
Could always call Dave at Steels, He'll be able to get you the part number.

Or go big...Get Lexan.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
WINDSCREEN: 73111 S6M 000
TOP MOULDING: 73150 S6M 003
O/S MOULDING: 73152 S6M 003
N/S MOULDING: 73162 S6M 003

Rom

Advanced Member
Let's us know how they end up costing.
Mine is coming out for paint, and definitely needs at least the top seal.

Also, are lexan windscreens legal for the road? I've no idea, just curious.

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Thanks Cali!

Yeah ill let you know put my order in today so hopefully itll be done right lol

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Chelt_scene said:
Are those lexan windows road legal?
[SIZE=medium]Are they Legal for road use ?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Complicated question as many countries have different rules regarding aftermarket replacement parts, In the UK it is fine to use Polycarbonate windows in the side and rear of the vehicle, Polycarbonate Front Windscreens are not road legal. Grey and Bronze tints are not legal to use in the front door windows but can be used in the rear of the vehicle.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]We can manufacture fully road legal 'E' Marked windows to special order[/SIZE]

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Can someone with experience tell if who is responsible for replacing the side trims for the windscreen when its being changed?

The company my insurance company uses here in N.I are Auto windscreen, now from reading on here these side trims break clips when they come off so i wanted Auto windscreen to replace them.. But they are telling me they firstly, they will not break them and if they do they will bond them on, i dont want them bonded on! Anyone any advice?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
I had the same issue with auto windscreens, they refused to order the side trims with the screen as they said the clips would not break. The clips broke leaving me with the option of no side trims or them masticing them on.

having made it clear i was not happy with this sollution, new trims were ordered and fitted at a later date.

My current ones are masticed in as the screen needed replacing due to another stone crack and i never got round to demanding new side trims

alan-lee

Advanced Member
So who should i be going to about this?

This guy in belfast is admament he wont be ordering them? But im not paying for them after they break them

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
I went through auto windcreens central. Masticked side trims are a botched job, and the side trims did not have broken clips before they removed them so they must replace something they have broke during fitting.

ill see if i can dig out the emails with the uk contact i dealt with for you.