Windscreens !!!

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
Iam getting my windscreen replaced as ive got a massive crack in it.. :cry:

Phoned Glassline, who A PLAN Insurance deal with last week who booked me in with the RAC autoscreen centre near to me.
Spoke to the "stupid dizzy bitch" on the other end of the phone stressing to her,to make sure the screen was for a DC5 and not the UK DC2, no problem she said.

SURPRISE, SURPRISE, gets there this morning and they have a DC2 screen ready and waiting... :x ... FCUKING USELESS.. I should of expected it, for a proffesional company they are shite, not very happy at all.. :x
They said they would give me a ring when they can source one, but im not expecting them to get one, or the right one.

Can anyone point me in right direction to go in as im not holding my breath with these muppets, will have to go through insurance to.

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
He Sold it the other week... :cry:

Going through the Insurance, £60 excess.

anticlaus105

Advanced Member
Havin similar problem with Glassline sayin can't get glass for my DC5. Problem is insurance excess is only £50 if I use them but £100 if I go elsewhere.

Car is goin in for accident damage soon so gonna get it done then. Will ring insurance tomorrow to see if excess will be larger. After all it's an insurance approved repair centre it's goin to and it's not my fault RAC can't get the glass.

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
That's strange....

Mine being done by RAC Auto windscreens this coming Saturday... On the phone to them I explained it was for the 2002+ car.... (I spoke to Dave @ Steels first who confirmed the screen was in Swindon & the top molding was in Belgium parts center). I passed this info onto them.

They have they have got my glass now...

One thing, I was advised to watch while any glass place does a replacement... make sure it's done correctly.

Mike

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
They phoned me back and said they now have the correct glass and to come back in next Thursday.
I asked them about the top moulding and they said everythings included, but he didnt sound too enthusiastic, so going to ring them again tommorow to confirm this.
You would think that a big company like this would have no bother mixing the DC2 and DC5 up... :oops:

Dave was a big help to me, I tried to pass the info on to them, and to speak to Dave if they had problems sourcing one, but they were having none of it, saying that they had to go through dealers which had an account with them ( Which Dave at Steels has ), the muppet wouldnt listen and my patience wearing thin was an understatement... ](*,)