Wishbone and Ball joint

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Hey guys does any of you know the best place to get a new Wishbone and ball joint for the front passenger side??

Had to remove the front hubs to get the wheel studs and replace them, whilst doing that noticed the ball joint looked bait goosed rubber is falling to bits and all sorts.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'd go Honda OEM for them mate, call Dave at Steels Honda in Hereford he'll help you out and they give you a 10% discount if you tell them you're on the forum.

I ordered a pulley and belt from them a few days ago and it was here within 2 days, it wasn't actually Dave that I dealt with for the sale it was another guy but he was really helpful too they're both sound guys. Their number is 01432 267154.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Wishbone won't need replacing just for a ball joint. Standard Honda part is expensive. Consider the Buddyclub roller adjusters instead. Much cheaper!

Ideally you need a press for this job so if you don't have the gear consider a garage to at least press out the old and put in the new.

Ideally you want to do both sides at the same time especially with the Buddyclub items as they are slightly longer so you'd end up with a misaligned geometry if you only did the one side.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
Cheers bro, il give them a buzz tomorrow then. got an ABS issue to sort out aswel! just need to go get the computer read out for it, one of the tyres lost traction the other day and there were no signs of ABS at all plus the lights on the dash now so bad times! il get there though! haha

Sylar122

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
Wishbone won't need replacing just for a ball joint. Standard Honda part is expensive. Consider the Buddyclub roller adjusters instead. Much cheaper!

Ideally you need a press for this job so if you don't have the gear consider a garage to at least press out the old and put in the new.

Ideally you want to do both sides at the same time especially with the Buddyclub items as they are slightly longer so you'd end up with a misaligned geometry if you only did the one side.
Cheer pal, is there much of a loss as far as quality and handling from buddy club compared to the OEM?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Quality is superb, not sure how they would affect handling if you are running standard suspension but if you are lowered they will improve it as they are adjustable and are used to correct the angle of the lower control arm back to normal tolerances I believe, thus reducing bump steer and improving handling :)

Sylar122

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Quality is superb, not sure how they would affect handling if you are running standard suspension but if you are lowered they will improve it as they are adjustable and are used to correct the angle of the lower control arm back to normal tolerances I believe, thus reducing bump steer and improving handling :)
Im running Tein Flex Coilovers at the moment lowered by roughly 25m, so are you saying the buddy club ones will improve the car over the OEM? :)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Sylar122 said:
Im running Tein Flex Coilovers at the moment lowered by roughly 25m, so are you saying the buddy club ones will improve the car over the OEM? :)
I noticed a difference when I was running coilovers. The bump steer was terrible with my old coilovers. Still running Buddyclub units nearly 2 years on but with oem shocks and spoon springs

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Im no suspension expert but it should make an improvement even if its only small, and you have the adjustability should you decide to go lower, probably cheaper than OEM too.

I noticed a difference and im on Tanabe GF210 lowering springs with standard shocks, which depending on which website you want to believe are between 25-30mm drop over stock.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Are they adjustable? I didn't notice being able to adjust them when I fitted mine...
Edit - Roll centre adjustor, the ball joint isn't adjustable, it is a longer unit so it lowers the roll centre of the arms.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
I might be getting a little confused here lol but these roller adjusters also raise and lower the car? I'm happy to increase it's handling but I wouldn't want it any lower than it is.. I'd have major speed bump trauma otherwise lol

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Are they adjustable? I didn't notice being able to adjust them when I fitted mine...

Edit - Roll centre adjustor, the ball joint isn't adjustable, it is a longer unit so it lowers the roll centre of the arms.

Sorry my mistake, I thought the clue was in the name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I might be getting a little confused here lol but these roller adjusters also raise and lower the car? I'm happy to increase it's handling but I wouldn't want it any lower than it is.. I'd have major speed bump trauma otherwise lol

They don't raise or lower the car, just change the angle of the lower arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk