Wishbone ball joints.

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Hey all..

I'm looking to revamp all the bushes on the front of my DC5, and whilst I'm at it im looking to also replace the balljoints.
After searching on the forum, and online it came aparant that Genuine you can only purchase with the complete knuckle.
Looking around, I can see loads listed that say they suit the DC5, but have also read on this forum, that if the image shows a circlip, it's to suit an EP3 and won't fit a dc5?

Can someone confirm this, or could someone point me in the right direction?
I can only see the buddy club roll centre ones, which I think is abit overkill on my Integra as its only lowered 25mm on springs.

Many thanks,

Ross.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Personally I'd go for aftermarket ones as they are half the price of oem. If you want to look them up anyway, give Dave at Steels a call and he will quote you on the correct part for your car. Think double the price of the buddyclubs and you won't be far wrong though.

I have buddyclubs and whilst they are ok and do the job, the clips the hold the boots in place are weak. The J's racing ones appear much better. Shop around for them as you'll find quotes will vary considerably. They shouldn't come in at a great deal more than the buddyclubs though.

They won't be overkill. They won't drastically change the handling. I doubt you'll even notice and you'll save yourself a small fortune.

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Thanks for that dude..

I were wondering if they're were a OEM equivalent aftermarket balljoint made by blueprint for example available however that would fit the Integra Type R DC5?

Ross.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
It's a good question. I've never seen any personally. Worth letting people know if you find any!

Gareth88

Advanced Member
Just had both of mine done with the buddy club's ( £146 ) Honda wanted £255 perside! ( with the knuckle ) and £187 labour

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
How are you finding them Gareth?
I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and purchase the Buddyclub ones in the morning, as I've spent all day on and off researching them, and gave up hope of finding any OEM equivalent aftermarket ones.

Ross

Gareth88

Advanced Member
Rage_DC5 said:
How are you finding them Gareth?
I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and purchase the Buddyclub ones in the morning, as I've spent all day on and off researching them, and gave up hope of finding any OEM equivalent aftermarket ones.

Ross
There ok mate =] only had them on a few days but no complaints as yet. Basically fit the description on the tin... But I wouldn't say I've felt a night and day difference between the oem and these

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Yeah, just hoping the 30mm drop ive got will be enough to warrant them! I've bought them now either way, and will
Hopefully be here Monday :)

nellly

Advanced Member
it almost looks like its worth buying lowering springs then the buddyclub ball joints than it is to buy the OEM ones with you having to get the entire hub and bearing. crazy

paul hughes

Buddyclub UK also sell spare boots for next to nothing, just in case they split, we have even seen numpty mechanics splitting them in install because they don't have a hydraulic press and not informing the poor customer :/