Woke up to this today

BenLAST

Advanced Member
Had a nice surprise this morning when leaving my girlfriends

Pissed. Only for an Ipod Classic, which in turn is broken so hopefully the little crackhead sells it to some big man who finds its broken then proceeds to break his legs.

So i've called insurance, who put me through to AutoGlass. After being told i first have a DC2 and not a DC5, the woman was pretty confident that they'll find me a replacement piece. Question is would this come with factory tint or not? I assume not? Guy coming out on Monday to secure the car with perspex for now so i'll have a chat with him, but anyone whos replaced the glass before could you shed some light on this please

Chewy

Advanced Member
That's excrement mate, sorry to see this.

The world is full of pure scum, it's not on.

I'm thinking of getting dash cam or something similar that'll record while its parked up in 8-12 hour loops or something.

Hope you get it sorted soon !

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Sorry too see that mate. At least they didn't do any other damage and it wasn't someone trying to steal the car.

Did the alarm not go off?

And as you said hope someone breaks his legs

BenLAST

Advanced Member
I am glad nothing else was taken or damaged , it happened between 5 and 7 this morning so must have been a quick smash and grab. Looks like they attempted the touch screen headunit but that's in there well and good. Alarm did go off yeah, beeped three times when I unlocked it which it does when it goes off.

OliverV

if you get OEM glass, then it has the greenish tint on it. but if some other aftermarket then it should be just clear.
i would reccomend if you swap the glass, to get the front windows under safety tint that holds the glass together when breaking it.
i did this to my spare door glasses, if anything should happen.

Ranja_Ash

Bad news.

There's some for sale on ebay at the moment, £40 for pair of Dc5 front windows.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Ranja_Ash said:
Bad news.

That's what I would do. If they're not fitting genuine glass, see if you can supply the windows to be fitted and get reimbursed through them. Make sure you've got it in writing/email though. ;)

BenLAST

Advanced Member
Ranja_Ash said:
Bad news.

Messaged this guy already unfortunately he won't post (I can understand why haha) and he's 8hour round trip from me. Will have to see what Mr autoglass says on Monday

Altecians

Advanced Member
That sucks! I hope who ever did it gets dysentery.

I recall with a cracked windshield, Autoglass stopped by twice with the DC2 Windshield instead.
On the third attempt they came back with a Genuine Honda one for DC5 so I was pretty happy.

Just adjust your expectations in case they bring the DC2 Glass the first few times haha. :xhappy:

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
I had this I'm wolvo mate at my misses house too. Annoying thing was that Tjey took nothing and it was like -5 and I had to drive an hour back home at like 5😪am with no fucking window lol

BenLAST

Advanced Member
Chelt_scene said:
I had this I'm wolvo mate at my misses house too. Annoying thing was that Tjey took nothing and it was like -5 and I had to drive an hour back home at like 5😪am with no fornicateing window lol
Ahh I was quite lucky with the weather yesterday,had to drop the two girls to Stanstead then head back to mine which was a 200mile round trip, was perfect window down weather albeit a bit windy for the rear passenger haha