Wondering if my ECU is standard?

The Meist_R

Advanced Member
I was on the Autobahn yesterday & had the car's speedo reading 165mph, thats with a passenger and a load of luggage, probably the equivalent of 3 passengers. AFAIK the only mod is a CAT back, if you can call that a mod. I was following a Merc E320 CDi (which was seriously no slouch) and he reached his magic 155mph and I sailed by............

The car was reassuringly stable at that speed as well, the machine never ceases to impress me.

The Meist_R

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
Why not take a look and see :wink:
Will do when I get home, was just at work pondering over it as you sometimes do and wondering if anybody with a standard ECU had the same experience.

kingston

Advanced Member
At 150, the speedo on mine with 215/45/17 tyres over reads by 10mph

Not been able to go up to 150 with 215/40/17's on but from the experiences im getting now, im judging it would be over reading by 10-15mph.

However, the quality of tarmac cam play a part in it, nice silky smooth will allow the tyres to go faster due to less friction and stuff.

The Mercs top speed is 143 though :wink:

Mersey_typeR

Advanced Member
If you check out the gear ratio's you'll be able to work out how fast you were really going. The JDM ITR shares it ratio's with the JDM CTR doesn't it? In which case your not realisitcally gonna see over about 155/160.

kingston

Advanced Member
Pends on how 'out' the speedo is, ive seen a vid of my mates M3 doing 175mph on the clock (which translates into GPS real time 160-165).

so in thoery you could see a faster speed than your actually going, especially if you run lower profile tyres 8)

dan the man

Advanced Member
ive had 160 out of my car and like he said super stable.

iir the fastest speed for stndard car is circa 173mph, so GPS about 160-165 ish?

my car at 160mph read 152 i think or summat gps(wasnt lookin a lot at my unit..had a road to watch!lol)

mikegsi

Staff member
dan the man said:
ive had 160 out of my car and like he said super stable.

iir the fastest speed for stndard car is circa 173mph, so GPS about 160-165 ish?

my car at 160mph read 152 i think or summat gps(wasnt lookin a lot at my unit..had a track, runway, private road, autobahn to watch!lol)
:wink:

dan the man

Advanced Member
road which was in germany actually..

took an hour off the ring to go autobahn hunting

audi diesels too come to mention..move over sunshine :wink: