Worth protecting my no claims with Admiral ?

Adam-f

Advanced Member
So I've had the renewal for the Teg through £880 quiet pleased with that lol

Admiral asked me do I want to protect my no claims for extra £120 I think it was,

Is it worth doing ?

She said if I did have a bump it would protect my no claims but my policy price would still raise next year "/

Chewy

Advanced Member
Just throwing it out there but have you tired Greenlight by any chance?

I'm 22, with 4 years no claims and I have fully comp insurance, including protected no claims, all in with all mods' declared for just shy of £900...

I was with Admiral with most of my previous vehicles and the big difference for me with Greenlight is there are No admin charges for any changes made and all future mods' are free! (with the exception of such modifications like forced induction)

Might be worth a call mate :)

Mark_teg

Staff member
As above really, be sure to ring round them all and compete them against each other!<br />I've always protected my no claims, it's the sensible thing to do..

Tim@Prestige

Advanced Member
Personally I would always take Protected Bonus. Please don't forget to try our scheme for a quote as well ;)

Adam-f

Advanced Member
Only problem I have is I insure 2 cars so admiral is ideal for multi-car

Think I will add the protected no claims though

Tim@Prestige

Advanced Member
We don't actually have a multi-car policy per se but we do like this type of arrangement and so we can give extra discounts for additional cars, etc. :)

tico_87

Advanced Member
Sometimes its cheaper to have two separate policies than that multi car crap.

My parents had multi car, mums toyota corolla and dads bmw 525d first year was £500 odd (cant remember 100%) not a bad price. When it came time to renew they renewed it automatically without sending out any papers at a cost of £1350!! Safe to say it was cancelled. Found two separate policies at a total of £600 in the end.

As members have said above phone around and get some quotes, but if your happy with £880 then that's good but just keep an eye out come renewal.

coconat

Advanced Member
I was with Admiral for a few months they charge insane prices for mods just to warn you, trying to charge me £50 to fit my front lip and another £150 to change exhaust ended up switching to Brentacre and had £650 knocked off insurance straight away :)

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
tico_87 said:
Sometimes its cheaper to have two separate policies than that multi car crap.
Sometimes, Admirals requote for me was double what i paid with them the year before. Was not happy about that and promptly cancelled. Ended up going with Churchill.

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Adam-f said:
Only problem I have is I insure 2 cars so admiral is ideal for multi-car

Think I will add the protected no claims though
We can do a mirrored NCB meaning you can insure the DC5 with us and your normal car elsewhere if you wanted.

If you cover less than 7500 in the DC5 as well it will give you a reduced mileage discount.

We can cater for any mods you want to add as well. If you wanted to Drop me a PM with your contact number id be happy to get in touch personally and run a quote. It will only take a couple of mins so you can see if its worth splitting your admiral policy up and insuring the cars seperately.

Best Regards
Neil

bennn

Advanced Member
Neil@Greenlight said:
We can do a mirrored NCB meaning you can insure the DC5 with us and your normal car elsewhere if you wanted.

If you cover less than 7500 in the DC5 as well it will give you a reduced mileage discount.

We can cater for any mods you want to add as well. If you wanted to Drop me a PM with your contact number id be happy to get in touch personally and run a quote. It will only take a couple of mins so you can see if its worth splitting your admiral policy up and insuring the cars seperately.

Best Regards
Neil
I'm with Admiral for my daily too and took Greenlight up on this. Worked out a hell of a lot cheaper that insuring both cars with Admiral. Insured my DC5 for under £500 with effectively no NCB as they mirrored the 7 years I'm using with Admiral on the 306.

brucey87

Advanced Member
Im with adrian flux who don't do multi car insurance. thought about insuring a cheap run around through the winter but the quote was £850 whilst my dc5 is only £650 as I could only use my ncb on one car. With a multi car policy can you use your ncb on both cars?

bennn

Advanced Member
You don't need a multicar policy and they are usually more expensive.

I use 7 years no claims on my 306 HDI with Admiral which costs me about £300 a year fully comp.

Because I'm using my NCB on the 306 I can't use it on my DC5, as you can only use your NCB on one policy.

HOWEVER Greenlight have agreed to mirror the NCB I use on the 306, which means they have applied a similar discount without actually using my NCB as a result of this insurance for my DC5 cost me under £500.

So basically I've got 2 cars insured under 2 seperate policies for less than £800 whereas the cheapest multicar quote I had was around £1200.

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
bennn said:
You don't need a multicar policy and they are usually more expensive.

I use 7 years no claims on my 306 HDI with Admiral which costs me about £300 a year fully comp.

Because I'm using my NCB on the 306 I can't use it on my DC5, as you can only use your NCB on one policy.

HOWEVER Greenlight have agreed to mirror the NCB I use on the 306, which means they have applied a similar discount without actually using my NCB as a result of this insurance for my DC5 cost me under £500.

So basically I've got 2 cars insured under 2 seperate policies for less than £800 whereas the cheapest multicar quote I had was around £1200.
Great Explanation mate. Thats exactly how the mirror NCB works.

It can really help if you want a daily driver and a weekend toy :)

Best Regards
neil