Would like a test drive - but where do I go ?

Ovv

Howdy folks,

Newbie question Im afraid :roll:

Is there a dealer/importer in Scotland I could go along to and see a Teg DC5 in the flesh, with a test drive ?

Im in Aberdeen and have seen a two running about, but never actually been able to speak to the drivers.

Thanks

Chris

Ovv

Cheers matey,

Not far from where I picked up the civic Im driving now.
:D

Thanks

Chris

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Chris

I phoned them, and the car is currently in Japan. I am going to Leicester to buy one between Xmas & New Year, so u will probably get to see it. Assuming u r involved in a certain RR event early next year. :wink:

Cheers

T666YPR

Can I ask,what place in Leicester?(dealer/private)I only live down the road in Hinckley and mines on order from Blackburn.Still havent seen one in the flesh and am importing a brand spanker(currently waiting to go on the boat)

Ovv

AndyBITR said:
Chris

Assuming u r involved in a certain RR event early next year. :wink:
Sorry Ive not read about the RR day, but wouldnt mind tagging along for the day to see a few in the flesh.

Where about and when is it ?

Chris

Nigel

Test drive

We have 3 DC-5 ITR in stock, if you are a serious buy pop down to us and you can test drive one.

Thanks

Nigel

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Chris,

There's a RR day early in the spring with Type-R Scotland, basically a large group of people form the Honda Revs & CTR forum got together and started organising more events North of the Border. A large proportion of them are from Aberdeen, including one who owns a Blue DC5!! Don't know if u've spotted it.

Cheers

CharlesW

Chris,

I think the blue DC5 mentioned in Aberdeen is mine. I got it from Iain Litchfield in Cheltenham. The deal was pretty transparent. He generally has some in stock. Or you can do what I did. You put down a deposit, when you order a car. When his buyer in Japan finds a suitable vehicle, you pay the auction price in Japan. When it arrives in the UK, you pay the Customs clearance, duty and VAT. Then after it is SVA'd you pay the balance, which includes Iain's profit. But as you have fronted the cash rather than him, you get a hefty discount.

http://www.litimports.co.uk/stocklist.asp

I posted some pics on the type-r-scotland forum

http://type-r-scotland.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=242

Next time there is a meet in/around Aberdeen I'll bring it along, if I am not offshore. And I plan to take it to the next SIDC track day at KH.

Charles