would like to come back to the fold

tedg

Advanced Member
hello, i used to have 2002 DC5 NHB. I sold it as at the time i was buying a house and had a rather nice BMW 320 M-Sport from work (but the benefit-in-kind tax code turned out to be horrible)

Well in short after getting the house (and i did need the money) I changed job and at the time I picked myself a tidy 2006 CDTI ex civic as i planned to do huge mileage, all the add-ons from a Honda stealership and everything.

I have changed jobs again and the company gives me a good amount of cash (no car) doesn't care what car i own - i do have about 200miles per week commuting and occasionally (less then once a month) trek off to a customer within hundred miles with good mileage allowance.

I keep thinking of something fun and trackdays etc. Although i do have space it would be a bit cramped with 2 cars instead of 1.

There is a wedding up coming so i am short of cash, on the other hand I think I could trade in the civic for another DC5 or perhaps an older TT 225 etc. Something that i can use on the road with smiles as well as a couple of track days. Although the CDTI is efficient, i think i am saving about 300quid a year.

On the other hand i can go and get the CDTI chipped with a new clutch breaks and suspension for diesel track fun - this might keep me quiet.

Any thoughts?

mike.williams

Advanced Member
i used to do 200 miles a week commuting in my teg, roughly £60 would cover that and driving around town. i filled up roughly every 8 days

tedg

Advanced Member
The though of DC5 ownership is now 'there' in my brain - "it has to be done at all costs".

On the other hand a quiet diesel track day tractor does sounds like an interesting project. However i think it money that ultimately just will leave me wanting a 'proper' type r

tedg

Advanced Member
antisanta said:
get a fuckin' teg :)
looking back at some of my old posts on here, used to try and tell newbies to go away - no thanks to Eves "keep all the 'tegs to ourselves xredfinger "

davidpingu

Advanced Member
So you used to own a Teg and you're STILL considering a diesel as a track car? :xaiweb6: lol

I think you know what the outcome of this is going to be...... :xgrin:

dotty

Advanced Member
tedg said:
The though of DC5 ownership is now 'there' in my brain - "it has to be done at all costs".

On the other hand a quiet diesel track day tractor does sounds like an interesting project. However i think it money that ultimately just will leave me wanting a 'proper' type r
Diesel track toy?

Have a word with yourself !!

boz5r

Advanced Member
Hi mate get another one the answers in the title, are you still based in northampton btw ?.

tedg

Advanced Member
boz5r said:
Hi mate get another one the answers in the title, are you still based in northampton btw ?.
'ello
Hope you still have the blue one.
Now living someone near ampthill, bedfordshire.

dotty

Advanced Member
tedg said:
'ello
Hope you still have the blue one.
Now living someone near ampthill, bedfordshire.
Ooh my ex is around there.

boz5r

Advanced Member
Yep still got the blue go on get another one where else u gonna find looks,speed,handling,practicality,reliability, do it.

tedg

Advanced Member
aggghhh am i that used to the electronic power steering that i am considering a FN2 civic type r?
:xvtec: