Would these fit....

Evs

Advanced Member
I'm pretty sure these would fit - I've fitted 165mm mids (with big magnets) in the doors with spacers and these are 160mm. Should be quite easy tbh. Tweeters look like they'd go in the apertures on the top of the dash at the base of the windscreen too.

The crossovers basically filter out unwanted (and potentially damaging) frequencies that each speaker can't respond to - and send just low frequencies to the mid-bass driver and high frequencies to the tweeter. The crossovers look like they'd fit behind the plastic trim panels to the sides of the footwells.

Overall I don't think you'll have any problems getting any of this kit to fit, and it looks like a good buy to me. HTH

[edited to say: I'm talking about the front apertures here. They might go in the rear ones but tbh I really don't see the point in fitting speakers in the rear - I'd just leave them blanked out]

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Yeah, they'll fit straight in the backs.... you'll need spacers for the front - unless you want to hack at the metal door frame.

Crossovers are to spilt the freq. in the signal feed - high stuff to the tweeters and mid & partial bass to the midrange speakers.

What head unit do you have? Ideally, you'll want to run these off an amp so you can drive them properly.

HTH!

P15UL T

Advanced Member
cheers guys

i have just bought a double din dvd,tv,mp3,radio ect. which has 4x50w rated inbulit amp - do you think this would be enough to get the best out of these speakers ?

and would it be worth while re-running new speaker cables as ive heard that the dc5's is'nt up to much ?

Zero7

Advanced Member
The 4x50 inbuilt head unit amp is more realistically like 4x10 watt max! For those speakers you really need an amp as they will sound very strained without one.

If you do decide on an amp a basic 4 channel Genesis mounted under the seat with a channel for each speaker running fully active and you may not need to install the crossovers.

I would always recommend running new cables as oem ones are a little poor.

P15UL T

Advanced Member
cool cheers
i new speakers had max output and rms ratings but didnt realise that all headunits well advertising the max output.

so i need to price a four channel amp for these then...ok time to go back to ebay.....

thanks again xthumbup

crxvtec

Advanced Member
don't forget your interconnects...

and you'll be needing speaker wire...

is this getting expensive yet?! :lol:

Highlander

The problem with the inbuilt amps in head units is that they are basically a single IC trying to drive four channels and will never be able to supply a descent amount of current to drive and control a set of component speakers.

Power output should be taken with a pinchof salt with hewad units and it's usually quoted as peak music power and with 10% Total Harmonic Distortion.

i.e. just before the head unit blows up :lol:

P15UL T

Advanced Member
yeah well i have bought a seperate amp to power my four components now all i need is to save up to get it dynamatted and installed, i can see a few boring weekends coming..... :(