WTF !!!

TegTypeR

Advanced Member
Cleaning my rear wheel arch this evening (passenger side) ........ what did i come across :shock: i little terminal driver sticking out of the side of a rubber tube !!!! Pulled it out started to make a noise ......... FOOK smell petrol !!! After futher investigation the rubber pipe seems to be the pipe connecting the petrol tank to the filler cap !!

Ill try get some pics first thing !! i am not driving it, but does this pose any problem if i seal it as a quick fix while waiting for a new part ??

Azz 8)

mikegsi

Staff member
could this just be the breather pipe that runs alongside, or the little spillage collecting one??

would get it looked at/sorted asap myself though :wink:

T666YPR

It had a screwdriver stuck in that hole. :shock: :shock: :shock:

It does look like a breather pipe connection.
Pretty sure Honda tech can help.

mikegsi

Staff member
aye looks like a screwdriver to me too!

this sort of thing happened alot back in the forst fuel protests, scrotes nicking petrol to use/sell, they would often puncture the underside of the tank though, which would be more costly!

question is though, how did that get there, was it malicious or unintentional?

TegTypeR

Advanced Member
I have no idea how it got there !!! took the wheel off started cleaning and there she blows !!! damn yip screwdriver !!! Looks like it had been there for some time ........... :roll:

Azz 8)

dan the man

Advanced Member
tedg said:
i trust you got this sorted?
wtf! WAS AGES AGO THIS POST. he has had 2 black tegs and i cant even remember which one it was on. Ill ask Azz what he did about it..pmsl

tedg

Advanced Member
bit of a silly question really - was just having a look around at some of his posts - just for this kind of thing :wink:

edit: errrrr - so THATs why it's fuel hungry :lol: :lol:

dan the man

Advanced Member
:lol: :lol:

well it crossed my mind like! Im not sure if its his old car or the one Ajenkins bought which was repaired etc..

Either way both got screwed sideways be me :eek: :p