YC53 FLO in bodyshop going all out!

swanny1982

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

Havent put much on here recently I put some pics on before Christmas of the body work dont to the famous yc53 flo, had the bumpers bonnet and wings sprayed, but after a couple of months the job just wasnt good enough, the paint work was flat, and looked like a rush job to be honest. Anyone in Bristol do not use Central Bodyshop in Brislington.

Soooooo....

The car has now gone into a new bodyshop and will be there for a whole month, going to have most of the car re-sprayed, windows out, all seals out, arches re-done where overspray went on them, new set of alloys in champ white.

The body shop is going to do a build thread for me taking photos along the way, i wish I had the skills of "Pasty" on the forum but unfortunetely my skills lie in selling houses/cars rather than working on them lol!

Be good to get some suggestions as to whether to get the wheels done in champ white or a deep bronze colour?

Will add pics and the full thread to the gallery shortly!

Cheers

adam.

Advanced Member
Clever man putting the Reg in every thread you do saying that you're fixing her up.

Hope she comes out looking a million dollars. :xcheers:

FireDance

Advanced Member
I hope the bodyshop you used originally are paying some of the cost to the new bodyshop?

Looking forward to updates.

Personally I would go for bronze wheels

swanny1982

Advanced Member
cheers guys, I feel morally obliged to mention the registration plate as it has such a tarnished past on here lol

The body shop wouldn't pay a penny towards compensating me there is no point in me wasting my time, basically £500 down the drain.

This is gonna cost me £1500 this time, I was contemplating if it was gonna be worth spending it as I wont see the money back with what ive already spent on the car but hey ho!

At least at the end of all of this I can say I have and honest car which should look mint!

Yeah gonna go deep bronze I think, I have a set of accord type r alloys which I want to give a go at putting on the dc5 to see how they look compared to the factory wheels!

ErA

Interested in this as I owned this car for a week. Ironically I pick up my new one tomorrow nearly 9 years later!

swanny1982

Advanced Member
It scorned you for that long lol! I was toying with selling it on and buying a facelift dc5 but I've already spent a lot of money on the car and want it to be put right so when I eventually sell on the next keeper will have peace of mind

kingcobwidley

Advanced Member
Ive spent about 3k on mine in 2 1/2 years, apart from spoon springs and frsu the rest is respray and maintenance. Makes you appreciate the car more when you've made it your own. Keep us updated!