You have 4 brake lights!? I only have 2 :(

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I've just watched that guys ground-up build video and he had 4 brake lights!? :eek:

My 2 rear OUTER lights are my tails and then light up brighter when I brake
My 2 rear INNER lights are fogs only ( :( )

Would it be possible to have all 4 rear lights light up when I brake but also keep the 2 inner lights are my fogs for Mr MOT? Or has the way these fogs been put in going to stop me from doing this?

If so, what do I need to buy and who's leg do I need to hump to get some help on this? I tend not to touch anything electrical/suspension/brake/engine related on cars (i.e. nothing :xaiweb5: ) for fear of braking something. Which I've done many o' times

Ezza

Advanced Member
My fog light has been wired into one of the reverse lights :) So i dont have that horrible fog light in the bumper or hanging off the bumper

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
LiamGTR said:
I've just watched that guys ground-up build video and he had 4 brake lights!? :eek:

My 2 rear OUTER lights are my tails and then light up brighter when I brake
My 2 rear INNER lights are fogs only ( :( )

Would it be possible to have all 4 rear lights light up when I brake but also keep the 2 inner lights are my fogs for Mr MOT? Or has the way these fogs been put in going to stop me from doing this?

If so, what do I need to buy and who's leg do I need to hump to get some help on this? I tend not to touch anything electrical/suspension/brake/engine related on cars (i.e. nothing :xaiweb5: ) for fear of braking something. Which I've done many o' times
Find someone who does wiring and rewire them

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Oh so it is actually possible to reverse whatever's been done? :D Nice to know :D Phew!

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
One of my reverse lights is now a fog light.

So when i brake all 4 lights come on. (i like to call them the after burners :)

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Alex_Wilson said:
One of my reverse lights is now a fog light.

So when i brake all 4 lights come on. (i like to call them the after burners :)
After burner's LOL, they do look the biz when all four fire up though ;)

T.G.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I had this. It was a simple job to rectify.

The wiring was still present for me, Simple cut the wiring off for the fog then soldered the brake light cables back on.

I have just bought another bulb holder/loom from James who is braking his DC5 so I can have the Fog plugged into one of the reverse lights for my MOT. then unplug it and swap the bulb over to have 2 reverse lights

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
I have mine wired up differently. All four come on as side lights, If I brake all four come on as brake lights. If I put fog lights on, one of the four lights comes on to full brightness (brake light brightness) and stays on. This passes an MOT fine as it meets all the rules.

I also get to keep both my reverse lights this way :)

Matt.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I have mine wired up differently. All four come on as side lights, If I brake all four come on as brake lights. If I put fog lights on, one of the four lights comes on to full brightness (brake light brightness) and stays on. This passes an MOT fine as it meets all the rules.

I also get to keep both my reverse lights this way :)

Matt.

I'd like a mixture of your 4 tails + 2 for fogs like I have currently, instead of 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Mark_teg

Staff member
364 days a year I have 4 (plus centre) brake lights.

MOT day, I switch it to the same as you Liam. Just use bullet connectors so it takes 2 minutes to swap from one to the other and back ;)

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I know it's probably a super easy job of something like just connecting one with to the brake wires, but I'd literally have no idea. There is an auto-leccy guy who works about 20 minutes away from me so I'll have a drive over at the weekend.