Your Favourite Corners (or Sections) on Track

blueguy

Resident J's whore
What are your favourites corners or indeed sections on track?

For me:
  • Paddock Hill - Brands Hatch
  • Bomb Hole - Snetterton

Cue dotty with Eau Rouge - I will make it there one day! :)

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Only drove oulton park, so

Cascades corner as it can get a bit unstable due to dentons before it

Shell oils because its cambered and its wide entry

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Deffo paddock hill at brands! Love the downwards G-force!
Also enjoyed the chicane at Donny, but only because I kept accidently drifting.... :D

Chobham Test track has a superb straight through the trees as well as some amazing changes in camber over bumps.
Great track that, mainly because of the way it cuts through some trees like a rally stage.
Think they use that track for stunts for TV shows.

Pro Drive Test track was also awesome because it was so open.
The most fun there though is the skid patch!

Otherwise, Brands Hatch every day, love it there, still the best one so far for me.

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
Eau Rouge (Spa) - Going in at 140mph+ can't beat it - END OF!
The Bus Stop (Spa) - Hard on the brakes from 140mph down to 50mph (real testimont to your brakes performance)
Druids Corner (Oulton Park) - Taking as much speed a your car can handle, making sure you turn in at the right point (not too early like many do) and exit with that speed for the run down to Deers Leap.
Craner Curves (Donington) - Having the balls to go "flat out" down them!
Maggots and Beckets (Silverstone) - Taking lots of speed and feeling you car grip around that section of corners.
The Mountain (Cadwell) - Trying as hard as you can to get your front wheels off the ground!

(The whole of the TT Circuit)

lee76

Advanced Member
Craners and old hairpin - Donnington.

Gerards - Mallory.

Bridge - Old Silverstone GP

Westfield - Brands GP

Virage du pont - Croix

Bonito

Advanced Member
Lola - Mondello International
Tarzan 1 - Mondello International

Coming down Daly's Drift (Which oddly enough is straight) when you hit Tarzan 1 right you can get her on 3 and even 2 wheels!

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Cadwell park - coppice through to Charles.
Croft - Jim Clark Esses
Nurburgring - Hatzenbach bends and the corner out the foxhole always seem to get the car on three wheels out of there lol

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
Fubar Andy said:
The Mountain (Cadwell) - Trying as hard as you can to get your front wheels off the ground!
I have been successful with my rear right coming off the ground :) just lol

paul hughes

For pure heart in mouth its got to be turn 1 at Knock Hill. too wide and your off at the bottom,,,too tight and your proper all 4 wheels off , flying sideways and dropping off the edge of the world. Then when you land the inertia brings the left hand wheels up at the bottom of the hill.....Yikes!!

For that YES got it exactly right feeling its a sort of tie between Druids and Riches, both double apex corners and your steering wheel doesnt move an inch after turning in. just touching the inside apexes and kissing the exit apex while FLAT out on the gas is special. :)

I could go on all day but suffice to say DC5s are the best front wheel drive car around ANY bend...nuf said.

https://www.facebook.com/Buddyclub.Civic.Cup?ref=hl#!/photo.php?v=486612101400911&set=vb.145716688823789&type=2&theater

this is a nice vid to watch for all you Oulton Park nutters :) check the apex kisses each and every time.

Watch how the little 1.6 EK civic (with a Jurno in the passenger seat) catches and passes the EVO 4 when he bottles out :) nice...

P.S.flashing the lights messes their head up :lol: God must love Honda underdogs.......

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Cracking vid Paul, my fav track Oulton. What brake setup is it because sparks!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

ChesterJSY

Dunlop Bridge at the Le Mans Bugatti circuit, fantastic track to drive on and looking forward to going back there in August to do it all again :xvtec:

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Not been to many tracks but:
Fubar Andy said:
Druids Corner (Oulton Park) - Taking as much speed a your car can handle, making sure you turn in at the right point (not too early like many do) and exit with that speed for the run down to Deers Leap.
This and...

The Esses through Old Paddock (Castle Combe) - Getting the speed and exit at Esses right so you're flat out in 4th before you even hit the apex at Old Paddock, then carrying that speed through Hammerdown.

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Chicane in Reverse @ Knockhill is my favourite. It's like a small simulation to the famous Laguna seca corkscrew in my opinion.