Your opinion to choose my intake throttle body

DamienB45

Hi guys !

RRC manifold with Karcepts 65mm adapter will arrive at home in a few days.

My engine spec project:
Energy motor mount inserts
Spoon engine damper
Toda exhaust header heat wrapped
Kakimoto Regu 06 catback
GruppeM airbox
RRC intake manifold
70mm throttle body
Hondata Kpro mapped by Tdi North

I spent several hours to searching a throttle body.

I first referenced the throttle body with their sizes.

OEM PRC Throttle Body :
62mm -> 67mm
OEM RRC Throttle Body :
64mm -> 67mm
Spoon PRC Throttle Body :
64mm -> 70mm
J‘s Racing Throttle Body :
65mm (butterfly) -> 70mm
Toda Throttle Body :
65mm -> 64mm -> 70mm
S90 Throttle Body :
70mm -> 70mm
Skunk2 Throttle Body :
70mm -> 70mm

I can update my list if there are errors. ^_^

I thought to keep my stock throttle body
Port matched 65mm -> 62mm -> 70mm

I think Skunk2 and S90 is not good. 70mm inlet is too big for my NA config ?

What do you recommend ?

Thanks !

DamienB45

With 2 reply, I will still keep you abreast of my personal choice :xhuh:
I chose to modify a new stock DC5 throttle body than I bought cheap with this specs 65 -> 70.
I will show you a pic when it is ready (next week) :twistednod

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I'm still yet to understand if this mod really makes a difference? Heard a few say they've made no gains from changing the TB so wouldn't mind hearing from anyone who thinks otherwise. It's certainly something I couldn't decide on if I were in your position now. Interested in your choice of manifold though, I've heard really positive things about these. How do you get around bypassing the IACV is it? I think it was the IACV or is it something else? Definitely heard this manifold bypasses something anyway!

DamienB45

I finally recovered my modified TB and RRC ! :xredface:

My friend worked well. Everything is perfectly aligned. I am very happy !

_ Port mach RRC to the Karcepts adapter
_ Port mach the Karcepts adapter to the TB
_ TB taper bore 65 -> 70 mm (J's Racing mod)

I'm still yet to understand if this mod really makes a difference? Heard a few say they've made no gains from changing the TB so wouldn't mind hearing from anyone who thinks otherwise. It's certainly something I couldn't decide on if I were in your position now. Interested in your choice of manifold though, I've heard really positive things about these. How do you get around bypassing the IACV is it? I think it was the IACV or is it something else? Definitely heard this manifold bypasses something anyway!
Yesterday, I changed the intake manifold and TB. I kept IACV. All this is rather well suited as a whole. Everything works perfectly. I felt that the car has more torque. More power, I do not know. There should be a dyno to be sure.

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Looks good! My current setup is RBC ported to match straight 70mm TB and it's makes 262bhp with 169 Ibft with other bolt on mods. Will be interest to see the comparison with your setup. :)

DamienB45

Looks good! My current setup is RBC ported to match straight 70mm TB and it's makes 262bhp with 169 Ibft with other bolt on mods. Will be interest to see the comparison with your setup. :)
Yes I will show you the dyno result but for now I have to finish my car in first xthumbup