Your reccommended car cleaning stuff

Wardy7

Advanced Member
OK, as the weather is finally looking to have a bit of a nice spell I'm abotu to give the car a proper good going over.
I just wanted to know what everyone's "routine" is when giving it a full cleaning.
I've given the car a wash and next it's going to be a clay bar to get rid of the little tar specs and other little stuff.

Then what polish and wax to put on after?
I'm really hoping to just keep to using Megs stuff so what are the reccommended polish and then wax for on top of that?

Cheers
Wardy

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Turtle Wax Extreme Car Wash, Meguiars Clay Bar, Meguiars Detailer, Turtlewax colour magic...

Hey Presto...

Next on the list... Some Meguiars Scratch X and one of those lovely wash mittens!

On a non show day/special occasion I just go over it with the car wash stuff and the colour magic wax. Job done :D

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
4 buckets
2 Megs wash mitts
3 AG Synthentic chamois's
AG Hydrablade
NXT Shampoo
Megs Clay Bar
AG Super Resin Polish
Nattys Blue Paste Wax
NXT Wax
AG Extra Gloss Protection

The list goes on & on mate.

Zero7

Advanced Member
I use the P21 system.. it is very good, quite a numver of Porsche restoration companies use it in Germany.

Vicki

Advanced Member
I'm a meguiars chick myself. Megs all the way, wash mitts, shampoo, techno wax, drying towels etc always brings my champ white up to a beautiful shine (every weekend infact) even got the geeky boot organiser for all the megs stuff too :D

dazza

Advanced Member
I use Meguiars aswell, always over the moon with the results 8) :D
Just bought the glass cleaner which is superb 8)

Vicki

Advanced Member
dazza said:
I've just bought that too! cant complain about their stuff at all

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
You guys heard of the Scratch X from Meguiars?

Meant to be pretty good at removing light swirls and scratches!

I'm a bit of a Meguiars BlTCH too, lol.

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Zero7 said:
Guys P21 is a step up from the Halfrauds stuff like meguirs.... Try it out,...
Agree, P21S products are amazing. Especially the wheel cleaner for Volk Ray alloys.
Smells shite though. :?

timp

Advanced Member
used one of those meg clay bars for the first time last weekend, bloody unbelievable.

Mothers canuba wax, you will never use anything else!!

:p

dazza

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
You guys heard of the Scratch X from Meguiars?

Meant to be pretty good at removing light swirls and scratches!

I'm a bit of a Meguiars BlTCH too, lol.
I use this for the light scratces on mine and is superb, the paste isn't to agresive as with other cutting pastes.

dazza

Advanced Member
Vicki said:
dazza said:
I've just bought that too! cant complain about their stuff at all
What i've found that works well is too get a small amount of clay bar and use it with the window cleaner to remove all muck off the windows.
Your windows will gleam like they've never gleamed before :D 8)

ally_mac

Advanced Member
Don't talk to me about clean products, think I have about £600+ worth of polish/wax etc at home. What you want all depends on how much you want to spend and what you want the car to look like. One of the best products ive tried so far is Zymol HD-Cleanse followed by 2 coats of Zymol Concours wax, gives the paint a real deep wet look to it and lasts for months. Only down side is it expensive, HD_Cleanse is £40 a bottle (16oz) and Concours is £165 a tub.