Show us your nuts!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I have just been to Rare Rims to pick up some tyres and spoke to Juliyan and Kevin there.

Juliyan came up with having the internal drive wheel nuts that use a spliced fitting rather than a hex pattern (as these tend to rust and crack) also he mentioned about aluminium nuts and that they don't like to be torqued too high as they can 'bond' to the stud (which I guess is why they are band from Motorsport)

The other option he came up with is get a normal (not standard) set and use a plastic bag over the nut before you use the tool/ratchet on it! Weird but clever.

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
If your that bothered take your standard ones to a powder coating company and get them coated in any colour you want.

The coating is durable, long lasting and it's cheaper than buying these fancy homo looking ones!

Regardless what nuts they are, they are going to be scratched at some point when taking the wheels off, but at least the powder coating will last longer than paint.

...anyway they are wheel nuts!

Mark_teg

Staff member
I have internal drive at the moment. I'll take a photo tomorrow..
Are there any internal drive mutekis?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
No idea, I can't seem to find any but know when it comes to internal drive, you want quality ones, otherwise you might not get them off again, lol.

tico_87

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Just to conclude the thread, I went for muteki sr35 in neo-chrome :)

They look good. How much and where from?

Also they are not locking nuts are they? Need some that do locking too, living in SW London doesn't help haha

Mark_teg

Staff member
Just to conclude the thread, I went for muteki sr35 in neo-chrome :)

They look good. How much and where from?

Also they are not locking nuts are they? Need some that do locking too, living in SW London doesn't help haha

Thanks. Yes one nut per wheel is a locker.
They're from Stevie at eightspeed, 01254 702888

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
I have just been to Rare Rims to pick up some tyres and spoke to Juliyan and Kevin there.

Juliyan came up with having the internal drive wheel nuts that use a spliced fitting rather than a hex pattern (as these tend to rust and crack) also he mentioned about aluminium nuts and that they don't like to be torqued too high as they can 'bond' to the stud (which I guess is why they are band from Motorsport)

The other option he came up with is get a normal (not standard) set and use a plastic bag over the nut before you use the tool/ratchet on it! Weird but clever.
Gok you legend! I literally had a 2nd page loaded up on MyTyres with a checkout of 4 tyres, but when you said Rare Rims I decided to check them out before proceeding, 1 phone call later and you've just saved me £30 :xpimpdaddy: :xrockout: :xnworthy: :wub: [-o<

Mark_teg

Staff member
Rays Forumla Nuts

Tried to order these after seeing Blueguy's last year, but everybody said they were discontinued..

ckh

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Tried to order these after seeing Blueguy's last year, but everybody said they were discontinued..
Yes indeed i had to order them for japan took 2 months...