Show us your nuts!

ckh

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
Bit out of topic but which aftermarket nuts fit PERFECTLY on OEM wheels?
no they don't, you need the OEM nuts with the rounded ends

wj51fut

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
Gok you legend! I literally had a 2nd page loaded up on MyTyres with a checkout of 4 tyres, but when you said Rare Rims I decided to check them out before proceeding, 1 phone call later and you've just saved me £30 :xpimpdaddy: :xrockout: :xnworthy: :wub: [-o<
Umm... Thanks! I always go to Rare Rims for my tyres. Great service and I've known them for about 6-7 years now.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
Umm... Thanks! I always go to Rare Rims for my tyres. Great service and I've known them for about 6-7 years now.
How long in your experience has delivery taken? Think I'll get the tyres before the weekend considering I ordered today before 2pm ?

wj51fut

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
How long in your experience has delivery taken? Think I'll get the tyres before the weekend considering I ordered today before 2pm ?
I pick them up in person. I ring Kevin there and he says normally 2-3 days to their warehouse. I then go and pick them up. TNT will more than likely deliver them. They are next day (controversy to the acronym, Tomorrow Not Today!) lol

brucey87

Advanced Member
Has anyone got any fitted pics of the muteki SR35's in red that they can share? Just curious to see how they wear as thinking about getting some.

brucey87

Advanced Member
So went for the SR35's in red. They look ok but seem to mark easily even when putting a plastic bag over them. I was using some internal drive nuts before, but the last few times taking them off they were stuck on so tight that I thought they were going to round off.

before,

after,

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Personally I won't be getting Muteki wheel nuts again. The finish on them hasn't lasted any time at all, and as above, I was always using a plastic bag to protect the wheel nuts from the socket.

Wish I'd gone for RAYs one in the first place now :-(

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Made some interesting reading. Im after a set of oem looking/chrome nuts to fit a set of rotas. (OEM with adapter doesn't fit without scratches to the wheel)

Anyone using the ones which rarerims supply? Or any other suggestions? Cheers.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
i have 17" dark bronze rota fighters, and an arctic blue teg, can someone recommend me some blue wheel nuts?

it has muteki sr35s on at the moment i think, but they have lost all their colour and are now silver and rusty. new set of something different needed

cheers

Chewy

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
i have 17" dark bronze rota fighters, and an arctic blue teg, can someone recommend me some blue wheel nuts?

it has muteki sr35s on at the moment i think, but they have lost all their colour and are now silver and rusty. new set of something different needed

cheers
Haha, Funny you should ask!

I was looking at this thread just yesterday...

I also have dark bronze Rota Fighter' on a blue(VBP) DC5...So basically the same.

I ended up going for these in blue;

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/dc5/wheels/muteki-long-super-tuner-wheel-nuts-closed-end.html

Should be here tomorrow and weather permitting I'll be throwing them on, If interested I'll let you know.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Haha, Funny you should ask!

I was looking at this thread just yesterday...

I also have dark bronze Rota Fighter' on a blue(VBP) DC5...So basically the same.

I ended up going for these in blue;

http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/dc5/wheels/muteki-long-super-tuner-wheel-nuts-closed-end.html

Should be here tomorrow and weather permitting I'll be throwing them on, If interested I'll let you know.
ok awesome!

they look similar to what i had originally, but as mentioned the Mutekis lose colour very quickly so was hoping for other suggestions...

BUT, please post pics up when fitted as i can judge better then :D cheers

Chewy

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
What size option do you need for OEM wheels?
I've got M12 x 1.5 coming my way, I'm sure it's the same for after market wheels as it is for OEM wheels and adapters.

Rob R

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
What size option do you need for OEM wheels?
Remember that aftermarket nuts won't fit OEM wheels unless you use conversion washers as they have a 60 degree taper.