Recent content by Benneh

1. Benneh

Rear Fog Light

As Granty says, there is a thread on here detailing how to do it. Not sure why you'd want to drop a reverse light for it - mine's wired to the inner cluster lights and works fab xthumbup
  2. Benneh

Error code P0118

High coolant temperature. So it could either be down to degraded coolant due to not being changed and it has sat there a long time and lost its heat-retention properties. Or if it was changed out, it could have been poorly done leaving an air pocket in the system. Check the level and the...
  3. Benneh

Rocker Cover Painting

Try talking to the chap at Spooner Restorations, he'd probably be able to advise further. link: https://www.facebook.com/SpoonerRestorations
  4. Benneh

High Revs on start up, & Kangaroo effect...

As you've identified yourself, common symptoms of the idle control valve playing up. Bit of elbow grease and it's as good as new for a fairly long time again!
  5. Benneh

Honda Teg DC5 Type R FL CW: Does the exterior CW has lacquer to the paint work?

This. As far as I'm aware there is no top coat.
  6. Benneh

Newbie jap owner engine mount question

When I got mine and noticed the front mount split I decided on replacing the mounts with OEM mounts from Honda and then Polybush inserts. It adds a little bit more of a vibration feeling, but nothing drastic compared to swapping to billet / solid mounts.
  7. Benneh

Was there some thing going on today?

Ahhhh really sad to hear it bud! Give it a few years and I'm sure you'll be back in one ;)
  8. Benneh

Was there some thing going on today?

Oh really? I was in Cromer in the evening! That would be me! Decided to go for a little coastal drive after getting some fish & chips in Cromer!
  9. Benneh

Visit your community yesterday at Japfest

The B16 in the EK9s doesn't feel that underpowered in all honesty. When I lived in Edinburgh I used to go for some enjoyable drives with a mate in his EK9 and another in a well setup EP3. Nothing between the '5 and EP3 and the EK9 certainly wasn't far behind, and only on the straight bits! An...
  10. Benneh

Type R rear emblem

RESpirit or Dave at Steels Honda are the men you need! :)
  11. Benneh

exhaust knock in first and second only?

Another thing to check for, as I recently found out, is a snapped drop-link! Easy enough to check too :)
  12. Benneh

Am I mad?!

Serious Kanjo points if you do! ;)
  13. Benneh

Motorway cruising

Can confirm that VTEC does engage in 6th gear on a standard car that is delimited. As per above though, if you're just cruising at stable speeds for any length of time you don't really want to be in VTEC. On these cars you'd have to be running an exceptionally short 6th gear and final drive as...
  14. Benneh

Best place to get insured on a dc5?

I went with Brentacre when I was 21 about to turn 22, they used LV in the end and been happy with the service. I'll probably give Greenlight a shot next year or the year after ;)