Recent content by bennn

1. bennn

(Soon to be) New Owner

Rust is the main one mate. What looks like surface rust can be a bit more than that. I had what looked like surface rust in my rear arches done and it was back within a few weeks. Other than that, 2nd gear synchros can be a weak spot (but you'll pick that up from a test drive) then just the...
  2. bennn

Swapping Recaro's around

Yes did it with mine. As John said just swap the rails. I prefer them the wrong way around as I can adjust the backrest with the door shut then.
  3. bennn

Importers

why not buy it back and spend a grand repairing it? You've got a nice DC5 for £5k then and £7k in the bank!
  4. bennn

Potential new owner

I'm not exactly fat and its tight. My Mrs hates it as she has a massive arse.
  5. bennn

Noisy PAS Pulley

Thanks Chaps. Ill try a belt first. The one on there looks pretty old anyway!
  6. bennn

Noisy PAS Pulley

Hi guys. Got a squeaking noise coming from the aux belt area. Seems to be the PAS pulley (spray on wd and it goes quiet for a while). Are the pulleys available separately or do I have to replace the pump?! Can anyone recommend where to get one?! Cheers Ben
  7. bennn

High Cold Idle. Help!

And its back again! Don't know if its the colder weather or what but back starting off at 2k rpm then shooting up to 3k after 30 seconds or so. Also got an annoying judder now when on part throttle at around 2k revs when moving but only when its cold. When its warm its absolutely fine still...
  8. bennn

Importers

Dont take their first offer mate. Send them a few links of overpriced cars and they'll soon pay out properly. Make sure you buy it back too!
  9. bennn

Bonnet Bra

Will look much less sh1te too.
  10. bennn

High Cold Idle. Help!

I calibrated the TPS last night and then did an idle relearn which seems to have solved the issue. Thought I would note this down incase anyone like me finds this thread in years to come!
  11. bennn

Tegiwa Aluminium Radiator

Sounds to me like your thermostat is stuck open.
  12. bennn

High Cold Idle. Help!

Thanks for the post I'm afriad I don't think that's going to help. Its always been ran on 99 from Tesco and I'm keen to avoid redex if I can. Previous experience is this causes more problems than it solves. I don't think its a case of just giving it welly as I'm pretty sure its had that for the...
  13. bennn

High Cold Idle. Help!

Nope I adjusted the throttle to make sure it was closed before putting the air pipe back on! I've been told to try an idle relearn and also calibrating the TPS if this doesn't work. Will update if I get to the bottom of it!
  14. bennn

Do I have a k100

Mine is somewhere after 6k. I dont think it has. It did but not anymore EDIT Wiki reckons standard engagement is 6200rpm on the K20a which is pretty much where mine is. It was 5800 rpm on my old EP3.
  15. bennn

High Cold Idle. Help!

Its definitely not normal mate. My old type rs didn't do it. I know they do idle around 2k but in my old ones they would drop down to 1.5k after a minute or so and then back down again.