Recent content by darrenk

1. D

Alignment and steering wheel issue

No I haven't got anything else other than the d2 camber arms and adjustable camber top mounts. I'm still convinced that they got the laser alignment wrong as regardless off the handling it should still go straight and true. I have checked everything from ball joints to tyre pressure and...
  2. D

Alignment and steering wheel issue

I recently have fitted fully adjustable coilovers with camber top mounts and d2 rear camber arms.The steering was all over the place so I had a 4 wheel laser alignment done today to sort everything out and when you have the steering wheel dead straight the car is pulling to the right. I took...
  3. D

Anyone changed the rear engine mount?

Ok that's cool. I didn't think it would just wanted to make sure. Hopefully it will be easy enough.
  4. D

Well that will be good if it is like that. Just don't want the engine to move or put the jack through my sump.
  5. D

Thanks everyone. also what part of the engine did you use the jack on? I'm hoping it should be fine.
  6. D

Yeah I did think that my jack with a bit of wood will be fine under the engine to support it. Just the mount is not coming untill tuesday and I need to do a 250 mile drive on Wednesday morning so need to make sure I can get it done in time. I just had my clutch done so the bolts will be fairly...
  7. D

Thanks to torque gt

Just wanted to say thanks to torque Gt for changing my clutch. Great service and price and will happily use them again.
  8. D

Just wondering if anyone has changed one thereselfs and how hard the are to change? I'm quite capable but will only have an afternoon to do it and just wondering if there is any tips on the best way and will I need an engine crane? Any help will be great.
  9. D

Bouncy dc5

I hope it is as it will be nice if it is an obvious problem. I will check tomorrow.
  10. D

Bouncy dc5

Yeah from doing research the rear mount is most common to go and I have recently changed the front stopper so that might not be a bad shout. I didn't no if it would be something to do with the clutch or not. The biting point isn't low down the peddle or anything and seems fine but not sure if...
  11. D

Bouncy dc5

Hello everyone, Recently I have noticed that as I pull away or the car is going up a hill at low revs it seems to be very bouncy. The car has done about 50k and I'm not sure where to start. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone would no what it is. I did think it...
  12. D

Creaking Steering?

Did anybody solve the creaky steering problem as mine has just started up to!
  13. D

Front engine mount

Thanks for the reply. I managed it and it was quite easy to do. Just a bit of a pain to get the old one out. It had a rip in the bush and has made such a difference to the car. Just got to get some replacement front wishbone bushes from funky power and then the handling should be spot on again...
  14. D

Front engine mount

Its actully the one right in the middle lower down by the subframe right at the front. It is known according to the Honda description as a front engine stopper.
  15. D

Front engine mount

Right I have a front engine mount coming to me on Monday thanks to Dave at steels Honda and was wondering how hard it is to change one? I'm quite mechanically minded so I'm sure I will be able to change it myself just wondered if anyone had changed one before thereself and if there are any hints...