Recent content by hon88

1. H

clunk noise

Its got bilstein coilover on them, defo not the coilover, just had them rebuit about a month ago, the clunk noise only just started other day.
  2. H

clunk noise

Having a annoying clunk noise, only when i turn the steering wheel not all the time but quite often now, and some time when i set off and brake to a stop, what noise does a worn drop link makes? and track rod end?? as i think it could be that but not 100% sure.
  3. H

Brake pads

Im looking to replace my brake pads very soon. Any ideas which are good for fast road uses, and 1 or 2 track days maybe. I currently have some, blue pads on them, as they standard from factory? Is standard disc any good? looking to replace them too, if i buy from honda are they normally...
  4. H

Dc5 vs slightly modded Uk civic ep3 type r

we are :o going to book a track day soon!
  5. H

I ve already got a dc5, but my mate just bought a uk ep3 with those modds on, and it feel quite nippy, just wondered what differences is in speed? coz i be pretty p off if his is quicker! :o His has abp 35mm springs fast road setup and it feels more gripper than my dc5, although i have...
  6. H

What speed different would a standard Dc5 compare to a UK Civic type r ep3 with mods (exhaust system,with manifold and de cat, long aem induction kit, and stiffer engine mount? Would it be quicker than a standard DC5?
  7. H

can gearbox selector 5th and 6th whiles stationary

When the car is stationary, can the 5th and 6th gear be selected whiles the car is not moving? my won't do it, is this same as everyone's dc5?
  8. H

when to know to get coilovers rebuit

no sign of leaking, i had a clunking sound so though it was the coilovers, so i change to my orginal suspension and the noise is still there. what else can i check for?
  9. H

when to know to get coilovers rebuit

what sign on the suspension when it needs rebuilding?
  10. H

knocking with coilover

not sure how low as its on coilover, it sit just above the arches. no signs of leaked on the dampeners.
  11. H

knocking with coilover

top mount is tighten up, but it does make some knocking noise on full lock on steering.
  12. H

knocking with coilover

Im not sure where excatly the noise is coming from, it either the enigine or suspension or ??? I set off driving normal and change to 2nd gear and i hear a knocking noise somerwhere in the front and same to 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th gear. another way i tested the knocking noise is when im driving...
  13. H

high pitch tinny noise

any helpers out there?
  14. H

tyres size question

got standard dc5 wheels, can i get 225 on these rims? can i also run on 215-40-17, would this make any difference on ride comfort?