Recent content by k20-outlaw

1. k20-outlaw

dyno disappointment

I often wonder if dc5's that have the nuts driven out of them daily make way more power?. My high milage, mechanically un-cherished dc5 was certainly making more than it's factory quoted bhp with nothing more than a skunk 2 megaower R cat back and a aem v2. It had seen the redline daily and...
  2. k20-outlaw

I've moved on :O, DC5 to E46 m3

I think people are confused about the wheels, the car came with the deep dish 3 piece rims, I changed them to the CSL style wheels, which are an oem wheel and suit the car much better since it already has the CSL bumper and bootlid. As regards which is quicker, A properly set up dc5 on sticky...
  3. k20-outlaw

I've moved on :O, DC5 to E46 m3

Well as the title suggest my days with the screaming vtec/honda are over for now, What a great time it's been I have to say, Not one mechanical issue over the 18,000km I covered hitting 8800rpm daily The dc5 did everything It could for me, from 2 drag days, to mountain pass drives, just days...
  4. k20-outlaw

Any permanent fix for headlight condensation?

might be a good idea to split the headlights in an oven, and coat the inside of the lense with a moisture repellent sealant.
  5. k20-outlaw

Removing air assist valve

I'm now starting to wonder if my air assist valve is broken/leaking, I have a loud sucking sound when started cold, goes away when the engine heats a little, also the rev's don't drop right away like you said, I've fitted an RBC manifold so maybe it's not been working since then.
  6. k20-outlaw

Grinding noise at low revs

If you can imagine a tin sheet loosely held on top of a vibrating exhaust, it gives a grinding sound.
  7. k20-outlaw

Grinding noise at low revs

mines used to make this exact grinding noise in 2nd and 3rd gear between 2-4k rpm, manifold heat shield was the issue, wiped it off 10k miles ago no problems since,
  8. k20-outlaw

Ebay Headlights

I plan on buying these and splitting them, using the new lense with my original oem headlight units, should work well if the lenses match up perfectly and taking time to seal them properly.
  9. k20-outlaw

Steering wheel

Surely it's just stained with dirt and grease, a real good scrubbing should take it up nicely?
  10. k20-outlaw

Tool kit

Somalian pirates must have a taste for dc5 tool kits lol
  11. k20-outlaw

OEM clutch is Excedy or Blueprint?

I'm pretty sure a stage 4 will be stiffer and snappier than an oem style clutch, more like an on off switch than the progressive oem clutch.
  12. k20-outlaw

rough gearchanges( not all the time )

I'd say you have bent or cracked a selection fork in the gearbox, a well known problem on these boxes.
  13. k20-outlaw

OEM clutch is Excedy or Blueprint?

I put in a genuine exedy just 9 months ago and I'm not to impressed with how it's held up, the clutch forks/spring things are going a little weak, I'd say it's about 50 percent worn already, just shy of over 8k miles (enthusiastic) I might add, no track days but bits and pieces of spirited...
  14. k20-outlaw

How to...Change the Aux belt.

I am right in saying this is the cheapest available belt on eBay? that will fit of course? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Multi-Rib-Fan-Dirve-Belt-7PK1705-RENAULT-KOLEOS-2-0-DCI-4X4-2-0-DCI-08-12-/331281142717?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d21e513bd
  15. k20-outlaw

'Budget' tyre choice?

I just bought 2 Re070's for 69 quid each, can not go wrong with these tyres,