Recent content by Liam-R

1. L

Best daily for £3000

I do less than 1000 miles a month usually. It‘s more that it means taking it out on gritted roads and in wintery conditions so more chance of rust and damage. That‘s a good point as it‘s unlikely to lose much in comparison to what it would cost to run another car. I‘ll have a think and decide...
  2. L

Best daily for £3000

Hi guys, I‘ve still got my dc5 for sale but I‘ve been enjoying using it and part of me is thinking that rather than lowering the price I might be able to keep it and store it for winter. I didn‘t like the idea of having 2 cars but I‘ve seen some decent vehicles for around £3000. If you had...
  3. L

Selling a high miler - tips

Sorry to hear that mate. I think I‘ll keep mine whole as although I could split body and interior myself I wouldn‘t be able to do gearbox or engine so would need to pay a mechanic a good few hours labour to remove them. I need a car as well and so I‘d more likely trade mine in at the end of the...
  4. L

Selling a high miler - tips

Hi guys, I‘m having no luck selling my car and not much interest. Daz had a similar situation and took the drastic measure of splitting the car for parts when there was nothing wrong with it. What are your thoughts on buying a high mileage car i.e over 120,000 on the clock (kms or miles)...
  5. L

Quick question about selling mg DC5 - Springs etc.

I would return it to standard. The cars that are selling are totally standard and in immaculate condition. Definitely sell the k100 and manifold, you may be able to advertise the handling and comfort benefits of upgraded springs so you could try advertising with them and see how it goes. Sent...
  6. L

Is this genuine Mugen?

Not sure, haven‘t looked into how much they are new yet. What do folk reckon it‘s worth? I‘d be happy with half what a new one costs or thereabouts Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. L

Is this genuine Mugen?

Hi, my manifold and decat are listed in classifieds. The manifold is great but decat looking tired. I‘ve got all the standard bits so won‘t need anything cheers. My b pipe and n1 backbox are on the car until I get a standard ecu, hopefully on Thursday, and then they will be listed along with...
  8. L

Is this genuine Mugen?

Pics of welds Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. L

Is this genuine Mugen?

That‘s one of the cleanest engine bays I‘ve seen! Yeah I‘ll get some close up pics of welds to double check but my main concern was that I couldn‘t find an image of one identical. It looks identical to yours and based on the mountain of receipts for genuine parts I don‘t think the previous owner...
  10. L

Is this genuine Mugen?

Hi, I‘m stripping my car back to standard and this is one part which I don‘t have a receipt for. The previous owner spent a lot of money on parts and this front strut brace has a mugen decal but before I sell it as a Mugen part can anyone confirm it is this? I don‘t want to false advertise and...
  11. L

Kpro version?

Panic over he‘s sending a pfl one. Ok nice one, thanks for your help Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. L

Kpro version?

Excellent yeah don‘t want to waste his time but if it‘s a pfl as well then it should be fine. Ive got a touch key aftermarket immobiliser, don‘t suppose you‘d know if that is going to throw up any issues? Assuming I get a pfl ecu I‘m guessing my fob would need linked to it, or would it be a...
  13. L

Kpro version?

I sold it to user ckh, he hasn‘t confirmed if he has a facelift but had a quick look at his profile and looks like that‘s what he‘s taking it from. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. L

Kpro version?

Ah, oh dear. Thanks for getting back so quickly. Do you know if a pfl key can be coded? I‘d imagine the immobiliser feature of facelift ecu would need a different ignition barrel or something? I can still refund the guy on here as he‘s not taken his ecu out yet. Until about 10 mins ago I...
  15. L

Kpro version?

Thanks. I‘ve sold my kpro in part exchange for a facelift oem ecu. I have a prefacelift so does anyone know if I will need the key coded, or if it will work? Basically, will a facelift ecu work ok in a pfl car? Just found out they are different in the key coding requirement so hoping I‘ve not...