Recent content by nefor

1. N

Opinions if possible please guys...

Re: Re: Opinions if possible please guys... Glad to hear she's been looked after. Loved that car, shame I can't bring it out here :(. Look forward to some pics :). When I sold I had to go through it all! Luckily Matt contacted me and rewarded my trust with a really easy sale.
  2. N

Opinions if possible please guys...

Is the old blue one going in as PX? I think it's my old one (EK51)? If so do you have any pictures of it in it's current state? Not seen a photo of it since it was sold in 09.
  3. N

Anyone elses headlights fading?

When I had my Teg I gave my lights a good going over with some Megs scratch x and Autoglym Super Resin Polish and it helped a huge amount :).
  4. N

Engine revs hunting.... help and advice needed please...

You can't get the car into VTEC when stationary. It's a safety feature to prevent engine damage. IIRC
  5. N

RIP to a fellow DC5 owner - Fiona

:( rest in peace
  6. N

no luck finding a decent quote :(

Fair enough, my first quote at 23 with 6 years no claims was around 1100 which I was fairly pleased with, when I renewed @ 24 it was around 900. Insurance is so personal though, I didn't have a performance car history which hurt my original quote a little.
  7. N

no luck finding a decent quote :(

That is a pretty decent price mate. The DC5 is a Group 20 car and you're 25, you can't expect miracles!
  8. N

DC5 compared to EP3 - and no not the usual thing...

Personally I would suggest the EP3 would be more comfortable as a day to day car. All DC5s come with Air Con unless the previous owner removed the unit for weight saving etc. The spec list is about the same but neither have traction control IIRC BUT the DC5 with its LSD doesn't really need...
  9. N

Newbie with an EK9

welcome to the forum :)
  10. N

Modified Dc5 - like or dislike??

I think different rear lights, different wheels and the bonnet done in matt grey and i'd quite like it: for example. But I'd not own it.
  11. N

baby on the way ( can i keep the teg???

Stick with the teg! Soften the suspension up and it'll be fine. Loads of room in there for baby stuff!
  12. N

Battery

Yep, I replaced mine with a Micra battery from Halfords. Simple!
  13. N

PROBELM!

as coyote said it's like a shift lock. Try pressing shift and ctrl on both the left and right of the keyboard in numerous combinations and it should go away. When mine did it at work yesterday I got rid holding right shift and then right ctrl then release shift then ctrl. Don't know if it's a...
  14. N

Rear Window

The DC5 Type R came with a number of 'packs' A, B and C iirc. B and C I think had tinted rear windows but A did not. There are certainly a number of cars without tints. I'd imagine it was a delete option from the B and C packs too. No idea about the stickers but people do remove them, it's...