Recent content by rallye nick

1. rallye nick

Why is everyone selling up?

Mines up for sale after one year of ownership, has simply been the best car I've owned and everything I ever wanted from a JDM type r, but I've got to a point in life where other priorities have to come first and I just don't get to enjoy the car as much as I'd want to, so I'd love the car to go...
  2. rallye nick

Japfest 2017 - Silverstone (30th April 2017 - OFFICIAL BOOKING/Chit Chat thread.

Was a brilliant day and was nice meeting everyone and seeing such an awesome array of dc5's! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. rallye nick

what car did you previously own ?

00 Peugeot 106 1.1 97 Renault Clio 1.2 97 Peugeot 106 gti 97 Peugeot 106 Rallye 06 Ford Fiesta st 13 Vauxhall corsa vxr Nurburgring edition 14 Toyota gt86 01 Honda integra type r dc5 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. rallye nick

Idle air control valve question?

The black valve on the right hand side of the first picture, this will come off and leave the shaft like so in the second picture, this should then spin freely. Like I said you will need a set of 5 star torx which can be bought cheap on Amazon ( Silverhill 5 Point Star Torx Bit Set (10 bits)...
  5. rallye nick

Hello from Sussex

Welcome, I imported my dc5 this time last year through torque gt, who I can't recommend highly enough, particularly Darren and also josh with regards to parts, awesome guys to deal with. I'm near Midhurst in West Sussex, there's a few cars in and around the Sussex and Hampshire area [emoji106]...
  6. rallye nick

So I assume it span freely with no resistance once cleaned, and you could spin it and let go and it would continue to spin freely a little? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. rallye nick

Did you take it apart fully? So you could spin the spindle yourself by hand? I had the same issue and the shaft would not spin freely to start but by the time I had cleaned it thoroughly it would freely spin with ease. You will need some 5 star torx bits to take it apart fully. Sent from my...
  8. rallye nick

Turbo Dc5 review.

That tounge...... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. rallye nick

Japfest 2017 - Silverstone (30th April 2017 - OFFICIAL BOOKING/Chit Chat thread.

Booked and paid 1. Chrismartin 2. Chewy 3. George657 4. Kev.W 5. LukeyBoi1959 6. Jinisdust 7. Richie200 8. Mikey Moore91 9. Dave7268 10. Masterjedijay 11. Rogue Status 12. SmudgerByName 13. ChanHongHong88 14. HondaFunction 15. Rallye Nick
  10. rallye nick

The painful wait!

Ditto what everyone else has said about torque, top guys! Darren kept me in the loop through the whole process, was a painful wait though!! Now I've got a similar wait for a nice new shiney Kakimoto Regu that josh has sorted for me [emoji51] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. rallye nick

ARC Intake/Super Induction Box - Split Weld Prevention.

Having my ARC refurbed at the moment and I'd looked over ordering some of these from a supplier at work! Also very common on lawn mower engines if that helps anyone. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. rallye nick

Soon to be CW DC5 owner near Goodwood

Hi all, Thought I'd post a hello as I've received the news that my dc5 is landing in the country this weekend [emoji16] I've been registered on the forum for a fair while as I've always wanted a dc5 ever since I started driving. Here's a few of the cars I've owned so far Peugeot 106 Rallye...