Recent content by RichA

1. RichA

Ohlins svc

I had a set of these 'Ohlins' shocks on my DC5, don't be fooled, they are not really the proper good standard ohlins, they are Japanese spec Coilovers the production of which is farmed out to a third party to build. I wanted to have the set I had rebuilt but was pretty much laughed out by all...
  2. RichA

Daily Drive - Bilstein B16 Coilovers or OEM Springs

I had a set of KW V2, they were brilliant, worked well on track when wound up and were super comfortable on the road when wound down, they also have no issues with rusting or difficulty to adjust height :) just another option
  3. RichA

If you had £1k to spend on mods..

It may be controversial but I'd say if the car is a daily then try to avoid the temptation to modify the car as it will become tiring when driving it every day, lightened flywheel and final drive changes will make it more of a pain in traffic and on the motorway. Maybe just remap the stock car...
  4. RichA

K tuned shifters

I think the race spec one if really for if you are running a dog gear box and need heft to shift! The standard one is excellent and fees really nice to shift with, would definitely recommend especially at the group buy price.
  5. RichA

Brake disc options

Yep buddyclub do 2 piece ones to use with standard brembo, I've got some up for sale!
  6. RichA

Eibach Pro kit or Sportlines?

I would say the spoon springs look the best but are noticibly firmer than the pro kit springs so suffer on bumpier roads but on a smooth road/ track they perform better than the eibachs. I'd save up if I were you and get some kw/eibach/Bilstein Coilovers, they will be more comfortable than...
  7. RichA

MTEC RACE SPRINGS

Yeah you're fine, only 2 springs go into the selector, one fat and one thin :)
  8. RichA

Fitment for red "H" badges

Is the pfl ep3 front badge definitely exactly the same size as the front DC5 red badge then, very interested in this as mine has seen better days
  9. RichA

Recommendations - DC Sports or Tegiwa exhaust manifold?

Surely the main benefit of these manifold will be the removal of the cat derestricting exhaust gas flow? You probably can't go too far wrong with whichever one!
  10. RichA

Caster increase

Going from stock caster to using the caster increase top mounts made a huge difference, the car feels so much more stable and positive in the steering, look at clubrsx track chat and see how much everyone rates caster increase for this chassis, if I was keeping the car I'd have fitted the lower...
  11. RichA

Caster increase

I left the camber at zero on top and used camber bolts to achieve desired camber, I didn't want to mess around with camber at the top as it can affect how the track rods move under suspension compression and potentially increasing bump steer.
  12. RichA

Caster increase

Yeah I fitted them, transformed the stability of the car, would thoroughly reccomend them
  13. RichA

Regrets!?? Wishes?? Opinions!?

I'd say my biggest regret was buying a DC5 as a track toy/weekend toy, I would say it is more suited to being a really good fun daily without changing too much on it. In my situation an ek9 or dc2 would have been a better shout - especially now prices are marching up!
  14. RichA

Baffled Sump - Mugen / Spoon / Clockwise?

I have a clockwise baffled sump inset available!
  15. RichA

Arc air intake

You can clean the foam filters with itg cleaning kit, and it gets its cold air from the wheel arch, apparently if it is to believed the spinning wheel creates an area of low pressure and that's where it takes the air from.