Recent content by RNP

1. R

Tein Monosport

Hi, does anyone here have the tein monosport coilovers installed? They replace the tein monoflex. I've had a peculiar issue that after 6-12 months of installation, there's a thudding sound from both rear coils whenever I go over sharp air gaps/undulations on the road at low speed. It isn't a...
  2. R

Japanese stereo help [emoji23]

Does the itr come with a radio from factory? If so what brand is it?
  3. R

k-tuned shifter

Are M&M bushes a direct fit if we're using OEM cables?
  4. R

Idle Problems - ECU Change??

Just an update, I spent a small fortune on brand new throttle body. The idle problem has been resolved. Just for info, this was on the old throttle body i changed out: - Fully stripped and cleaned - No undue tension on flap due to throttle cable - brand new IACV - map sensor changed out from a...
  5. R

Very slight damp carpet (passenger side)

You can see my last reply to another similar thread here. http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/41634-water-leaking-into-cabin/page-2
  6. R

Steering Feel

I believe the shg slider does not come with the bolts and you will have to reuse your oem ones. Just make sure the threads on that are fine before you choose to buy shg. I solved a bit of loosened I had with a new oem one. I do reckon the shg could last longer as the material is reportedly tougher.
  7. R

Very glad for your situation Stu. So am I right to say you managed to solve it without installing the new iacv? And the solution came by way of setting the tps exactly at 0.45v at closed throttle and ensuring that the throttle cable was adjusted to have barely any tension when at closed...
  8. R

Thanks for sharing. For your info, there is an idle adjustment knob on the iacv which you can manually adjust for the amount of airflow required during idle. I request that you DO NOT adjust this especially when you get the new iacv. A new one has already been set by Honda and it should be plug...
  9. R

Stu your problem seems rather similar to mine. I did the gasket switch and new iacv and didnt help. If it helps for you I'll be glad, and surprised!
  10. R

Hi Stu, my mech performed this procedure (not disconnecting the fuse but disconnecting and reconnecting the ecu) followed by idle learning. This was to no avail. But worth a try of course. Sad to say ive took the plunge and ordered a brand new throttle body. Its a shame because i previously...
  11. R

Tried the ecu change, it didn't work- the idling was just as bad really. Now I'm back to looking at the tps, just to eliminate variables that aren't stock (I'm on a new ktuned v2). Updates to follow.
  12. R

Didn't manage to the the ecu swap as yet as my friend needed the car. Hoping to do it in the next few days. I'm on Honda stock o2 sensors, and stock throttle body except for the ktuned v2 tps on it. But using the diagnostic tool, the tps is holding voltage at 0.43v and 0deg at closed throttle so...
  13. R

Just a quick update to those interested, I've tried to go down the route of checking more closely for air leaks. Changed the throttle body gasket, intake manifold gasket, and checked associated tubings, but the problem still persists. When the intake manifold was removed, there is a small...
  14. R

Honda Part numbers.

Thanks Dave!
  15. R

Honda Part numbers.

Hi does anyone have the part number for the intake manifold gasket?