Recent content by TYPER

1. T

headlights fogging up

My headlights seem to fog up whenever it rains, can this damage the lights? How do i go about fixing this?
  2. T

New clutch? Any ideas?

Hi My clutch has just gone (31000 km), so i am searching for a new clutch now, mainly for street don't mind if it is a little stiffer than stock but not looking for a leg workout everytime i drive. thanks for any help
  3. T

how to spend £2k ish upgrading my DC5's GO??

Toda power How about the toda engine kit? Supposed to gain almost 60 Hp at the wheels plus keep your car N/A with all the reliability and instant power that you have now. Pricey at $2350 US but with the exchange rate at what it is probably the best time to buy from the US or source straight...
  4. T

BRAKES?

me again when you go to the site look for Brembo FAQ
  5. T

BRAKES?

Hi check out www.buybrakes.com the Brembo section they go into a lot of detail about the different brake systems and what would be best for your lifestyle. Also you do not have to choose between slotted or cross drilled you can have both.
  6. T

Opinions on Koni shocks and Eibach springs

Hi thanks a lot guys, 25 mm is not to much less than an inch (unless my math is wrong) i think i will try the spoon springs. Also i was wondering any of you guys buy the strut bars and lower arm bars? If so what difference did it make for your handling?
  7. T

Opinions on Koni shocks and Eibach springs

Hi Guys I was wondering How much did the springs lower your car? Where i live there are a lot of road "bumps" and was constantly having to go sideways over bumps with my old car, a real pain in the ass. I am looking at beefing up the suspension but do not want to lower the car to much. Jonster...
  8. T

180 KM/H LIMITER

I've decided to go with the Funky Products Speedo Converter. A friend will buy this from the UK and bring it to me in couple of weeks. I am not too fond of the idea on any external installations on the dash. GHOSTITR Must have trouble averaging in the car with those low seats, the controller...
  9. T

DC5 Knowledge

It will fit. There is also a rev hard turbo kit, HKS turbo and a couple of supercharger kits out there. The only difference really between the engines is that the Type R is a slightly higher compression. I think the main problem however might be traction. Anyone running a turbo kit on there Type...
  10. T

180 KM/H LIMITER

I did not do it myself but I think it is quite easy to do so you could probably do it, If not any mechanic should be able to do it in an hour or two.
  11. T

NEED HELP! Need some advice and place to get brake pads

Guys Would really appreciate your help, need some new brake pads for my car (Type R) however I live in the Caribbean and can not get here so figure i would buy them in the UK and get a workmate to bring them for me. I do not use the car on the track it is a street car so looking for good...
  12. T

DC5 Knowledge

Jor-El How is it going? I live in Trinidad and bought the type r version in September been loving it ever since, You would definetely get the same version if importing from Japan if you want some basic info check www.honda.co.jp you will need a language translator like babelfish to read it...
  13. T

180 KM/H LIMITER

speed cut GHOSTITR Blitz makes a nice peice of kit that i bought that not only disables the speed cut but it also has a speedo attached as well as a GTECH that measures 1/4 mile times 0-60 etc. It is quite small i have it mounted on top of the steering wheel and it does not block anything on...
  14. T

DC5 owners from Singapore

Could you suggest some good performance sites in Japan. Been trying to use Babelfish to translate but still diffucult to search.
  15. T

What's the best MPG you have acheived?

What is the point of having the car if you are going to stay below the Vtec and drive slowly? Enjoy yourself man drive it like u stole it.